Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Uzzal Hossain, tmelton, Calypso, ninahaska, ovinovin7
56556 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56557 Members
417 Forums
111412 Topics
785857 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 275
Nancy Roussy 172
loongdragon 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 140
Rosie 66 140
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 97
Lestie4containergardens 56
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 54
Mona - Astronomy 48
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#788716 - 10/21/12 02:42 AM Re: Should this marriage be saved? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
Elleise - Clairvoyance Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra

Loc: IL
Me personally, I feel, "For Better or Worse..." the vows, just over time, especially (sorry) but w/those DA reality T.V. shows not really helping any, etc.

But marriage, to me anyway, I mean unless you're in danger, the vows - spiritually are there for a reason. Otherwise, just date and get on w/it, internet - wise when things get tough or you happen to have a short-term attention span.

Alzheimers, if it were my spouse, I'd stay w/him, BUT I'd also investigate resources to help out.

Sexuality, if someone can't perform (which is different from won't) but either way, if your marriage still retains the value it once did...way back when, there are ways to relieve yourself w/out making it an all-round social deal or excuses to do whatever, whenever.

10 yrs. ago a teacher confided there was an STD epidemic, the public knew nothing about....I'm like why don't they make a public announcement or something?

Her words..."Politics. They don't want to alarm the public how badly it really is..."

Back to marriage...marry your BEST FRIEND! And, stick w/them through thick or thin.

I'm hoping this doesn't offend anyone smile

But it pretty much sums up what (in my heart) marriage should be about) that 'once upone a time' thingy we start out with, but waves DO come and go.

How Could We See That Far?

Edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance (10/21/12 02:46 AM)

Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Twitter Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Facebook Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to MySpace Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Should this marriage be saved? Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Reddit
#789062 - 10/23/12 03:15 AM Re: Should this marriage be saved? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
I'm sorry to hear that, Ketah. This must be a very difficult thing to go through. frown

How are you feeling now with the transplant? I hope stronger. Please know we're here if you ever want to talk, vent, connect...

Edited by Lori - Marriage (10/23/12 03:16 AM)

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Twitter Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Facebook Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to MySpace Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Should this marriage be saved? Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Should this marriage be saved? to Reddit
#789080 - 10/23/12 07:02 AM Re: Should this marriage be saved? [Re: Lori - Marriage]
mark laverdiere Offline

Honestly, Inci, I would probably not even know what to do...I just hope I will be guided and made stronger by the knowledge that marriage is meant to be forever.

Edited by mark laverdiere (10/23/12 07:04 AM)

#789323 - 10/24/12 05:10 PM Re: Should this marriage be saved? [Re: mark laverdiere]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I tried twice to make my marriage last forever. That was my desire and belief. I was willing to do what it takes to make them work, but both times my husbands bailed out, for a heck of a lot less than a serious illness. You can't make a marriage work all on your own.

My last relationship ended in the death of my partner. He was sick and needed a lot of care at times. I could never fathom the thought of leaving him, and we never took marriage vows. Love is love, for better or for worse.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Lori - Marriage 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Ten Healthy Substitutions When Baking
by Michelle -Chocolate
Chocolate
26 minutes 42 seconds ago
Soup du jour
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Sandwiches
Today at 04:30 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 02:34 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 02:31 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 02:27 AM
Frugal Sewing Basics
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:16 AM
How to Thread a Sewing Machine
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:14 AM
How to Read a Sewing Pattern
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:11 AM
Learn to Sew a Table Runner
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:07 AM
The Goddess
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Spirituality
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Mona - Astronomy, Izeigo), 55 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.