Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Badnezzahmi, vincischool, christylynn81, minas, puumando
57215 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57215 Members
417 Forums
113018 Topics
801164 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 855
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 470
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 146
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 74
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#789154 - 10/23/12 04:24 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: ancientflaxman]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
AncientFlaxman, Some do believe that teachings of enlightenment passed through several different cultures, passing orally down from generation to generation, and then getting named different 'isms' depending on who the root teacher was. Certainly that is likely, based on how human history works in general. But I think it's also true that different people throughout history have simply come upon the same truths in vastly different cultures and times. Certain things are simply part of our common human experience and essence, and when we dig deep - as the great seekers everywhere have always done- we discover them. And these transcend 'isms.'

Edited by Lisa - Buddhism (10/23/12 04:25 PM)
Blog: Mommy Mystic

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#789175 - 10/23/12 04:49 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Lisa, for that I am more than grateful!! Does it matter how we get what we need as long as we get it despite the origin or ism?????? dave

Edited by ancientflaxman (10/23/12 04:54 PM)

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#789227 - 10/23/12 10:25 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
To all or none,

21-With the energy of mindfulness,our feet become the Buddha's feet.To generate the energy of mindfulness is not difficult.The practice of mindful breathing generates the energy of mindfulness.And with that power,that energy of mindfulness,we empower our feet,and our feet become the Buddha's feet.When you walk with the feet of the Buddha,the place you walk is the
Buddha Land.

this is a text by TNH Mahayana style.

#789229 - 10/23/12 10:33 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

22- The Buddha loved walking.In his era there were no busses cars etc.Buddha walked for 45 years visiting 14 to 15 countries
while walkingin ancient India and Nepal.Of course the Buddha enjoyed sitting meditation,but he also enjoyed walking meditation.

23- today received another book by Thich Nhat Hanh.Title is :
The Miracle Of Mindfulness.

#789414 - 10/24/12 10:31 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

24- Today ,I realised.that every moment that I live,I am living it,intertwined with the rest of the Universe,we age together,some suffer others live ablissful life,some die some are born.Re-birth happens all around the world at every moment.
Already all that I wrote ,is gone and relived differently.I am maybe 5 minutes older,and I wish smile wiser.

#789422 - 10/24/12 10:51 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

25- to all or none,remember that Lisa theBuddhism editor,wrote a
great e-book that you can buy for,hold on to your hats: 0.99cents
I dowmloaded it printed it,and read it ,It is now in my library
with books from other great thinkers.Don't miss it.....

#789502 - 10/25/12 01:18 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

26- to our visitors,if you have questions,however simple they may be,this is the place to ask them.

#789631 - 10/26/12 09:09 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

27- Today,I lived something I had lived once before.Sitting at
McDonald's where I go every day to see friends,but before I
listen to Mantras and read about buddhism.I was listening at the Oneness mantra,eyes closed,volume high,and all of a sudden ,
I felt myself ,like going,almost falling off my chair.When I opened my eyes,everything in front of me was so clear.I resisted,I do not know what would have happened.This mantra brings me to another level,when I listen to it.Like right now.
28-The practice of mindfulness helps us to become a Buddha in the
here and the Now.

#789898 - 10/28/12 07:20 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
29 - We are all connected to each other and everything beyond words.
This is something I rediscover over and over for myself, both in relationship to others (through my emotions) and in meditation or mindfulness, when we have these moments of clarity and open to feeling connected, rather than separated from our surroundings and each other. Such a beautiful thing. And related to that...
30 - We are each born and die every moment. We are always arising and fading away, arising and fading away, like the surf, or each of our thoughts...
Blog: Mommy Mystic

#789942 - 10/29/12 12:27 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

31-Vap Poya day is the full-moon of October. This holy day celebrates theend of the Bhikkhu's three months rains retreat and marks the Kathinamonth of robes , where lay people donate a set of robes to the Sangha. This also celebrates the day that Buddha began to teach the Abhidhamma!(Theravada)
32-loved your #30.

Page 2 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  Lisa - Buddhism 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What Was Your Trickiest Job Interview Question?
by Dianne W - Editor
Unemployment
1 second ago
Weathering the Rejection Letter
by Dianne W - Editor
Unemployment
2 minutes 50 seconds ago
What Should You Avoid in the Interview Process?
by Dianne W - Editor
Unemployment
3 minutes 47 seconds ago
What to Include in an Email Cover Letter
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
7 minutes 18 seconds ago
How to Spot a Fake Job Ad
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
8 minutes 4 seconds ago
The second interview is important too!
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
9 minutes 24 seconds ago
How to Respond to the Difficult Customer Question
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
12 minutes 2 seconds ago
Verify Interview Information
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
19 minutes 24 seconds ago
How to Prepare for an Interview
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
22 minutes 47 seconds ago
Words NOT to use in interview
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
23 minutes 20 seconds ago
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Dianne W - Editor), 150 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.