Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
rtemis, xmeecosmic, MrsBunny, mucarito, mryannlgn
57113 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57113 Members
417 Forums
112809 Topics
798424 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 929
Beetlemess 535
Nancy Roussy 219
Karm - SW USA Editor 162
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 149
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 90
Dianne W - Editor 87
Mystic - Romance Movies 87
Tracy - Philosophy 83
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#787943 - 10/15/12 10:24 PM Agora of Buddhism
loongdragon Offline
Koala

Loc: Mont Tremblant,quebec Can
To all or none,

All of us make discoveries that we would like to share with someone,these discoveries are not long enough to make a new topic.So I thought,why not make a place where new findings in
buddhism are made and shared.

1- We suffer because we do not have enough compassion.
2-The moment we have a lot of compassion ,there is no suffering anymore.
3-Kshanti Paramita( perfections) is the capacity of enbracing everyone,everything,you do not exclude anyone.
4-We have to use our free will to organise our life.
5- Living Mindfully, helping to build brotherhood/sisterhood,
becomes a refuge for others,this brings you a lot of Joy,a lot of happiness.That is it for today.

Add Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Agora of Buddhism Add Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#787993 - 10/16/12 03:10 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
What a great idea Loong. For myself, I would add on to #2 to say that compassion and self-compassion go together. As we develop compassion for others, we also develop compassion for ourselves. Whatever we cannot feel compassion for in others, is usually something in ourselves that we also have difficulty accepting. So accepting ourselves and accepting others go hand in hand, and compassion for ourselves and compassion for others do too. This is something I have come back to over and over in my own lessons on the path.
Blog: Mommy Mystic

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#788128 - 10/17/12 12:27 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none,
7- Lisa's comment
8-How many holy words you say,how many acts you speak of .
They are worthless if you do not act on them.
9-Renounce violence and practice Compassion.
10- The 4 elements of true love are: Maitri/Metta/loving kindness
Karuna Compassion.Mudita/Joy,and upekshm-Equanimity.
11- If you are inhabited by the energy of Mindfulness You are
acting like a Buddha, you are speaking like a Buddha,you are
thinking like a Buddha.
That is Buddhahood inside of you ,that is something you can
experience.IT IS not a theory.

Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Twitter Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Facebook Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to MySpace Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Agora of Buddhism Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Agora of Buddhism to Reddit
#788807 - 10/21/12 09:16 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

12_During the forthy-five years of his ministry'the Bhuddha always tried to help other
people to wake up'to be mindful.

He always thaught,that the path to of Mindfulness'concentation,and insight is
the path of liberation'the path to Happiness.

#788809 - 10/21/12 09:19 PM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none'

this is my first post with my tablet!
Great.

#788841 - 10/22/12 12:24 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
Lisa - Buddhism Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
That's great about your tablet Loong. Sorry I have not been here, we had guests this weekend. I wanted to comment on your statement about Buddhahood being inside of us, not a theory. To me this is one of the most important insights, that I return to over and over to on my path. There are so many Buddhist sutras, teachings, books, and practices. We can easily get caught up in the intellectual debate of them. And I actually love to discuss and write about Buddhist teaching and ideas. But in the end, the path is about our own realization of truth, and what aids that. That is all that matters.
Blog: Mommy Mystic

#788843 - 10/22/12 12:34 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To all or none.

Never,never ,been happy,joyfull,blissfull than right now,I wish

you all the same and more.

loongdragon

#788847 - 10/22/12 12:50 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Loong, you wrote;
1- We suffer because we do not have enough compassion.
2-The moment we have a lot of compassion ,there is no suffering anymore.
3-Kshanti Paramita( perfections) is the capacity of enbracing everyone,everything,you do not exclude anyone.
4-We have to use our free will to organise our life.
5- Living Mindfully, helping to build brotherhood/sisterhood,
becomes a refuge for others,this brings you a lot of Joy,a lot of happiness.That is it for today.

Loong, I don't believe that any within my family, with the exception of myself, have ever had any dealings with the teachings of Buddhism. When I look at yours and Lisas writings however I find a such similarities between us that it makes me wonder if somehow they came from the same origin. I know that we were very familiar with ancient Egyptian mysticism and the Druidic cultures but not anything from the orient. Maybe you or Lisa could shed some light on this???? dave

#788868 - 10/22/12 03:25 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
loongdragon Offline
Koala

To Ancientflaxman,

Dear Dave,I know nothing of the ancient Egyptian culture and spirituality.I hope you beleive in re-birth.In re-bith .many hundred lives could have been passed on to the Orient,where
Sages ,Sadhus,Buddhists etc from their past karmas could have been inspired by the Egyptians.Nothing is gained ,nothing is lost.

Also,South American Mayans wore the same hats as the Tibetans.

How many thousands of miles apart is that?

I am simply a buddhist ,a very simple one.What I wrote ,is the only way or connection I can see.

With deep Respect
_/\_
loongdragon

#788906 - 10/22/12 08:04 AM Re: Agora of Buddhism [Re: loongdragon]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Loong, I believe totally in rebirth, also in the continual rejuvenation of the mind. We have never believed in death other than to say that the end of a thing is simply a beginning.

My very good friend is a Buddhist Shaolin Kungfu instructor who one time saved my life. After the rest of my elders had moved on I felt very isolated. He showed me an acceptance and kindness that helped to restore my life at a time when I was very vulnerable.

I appreciate your teaching abilities Loong. They are a vehicle for healing. Thank you! _/\_ dave

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  Lisa - Buddhism 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Working on Book Covers
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
41 minutes 3 seconds ago
Planning to schedule monthly online meetings...
by Angeles F. - Spanish language Host
Spanish Language
Today at 01:45 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 01:30 PM
Ferguson Keeps Race Relations in theSpotlight
by Yvonnie-Inspired
African-American Culture
Today at 01:21 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 11:59 AM
Comets
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 11:43 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 11:42 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 11:40 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 11:37 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 11:33 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor), 167 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.