C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Greetings everyone,
If you have done a reading for yourself, or had one done and you have some questions about the interpretations please post your questions on this thread.

I encourage everyone to help with interpretations and posting/answering these types of questions here. Thank you

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
D
Hi, Im new and just bought a deck and started to try reading the tarot again recently. I did a past, present, future spread on current reltionship. The question was, "Where is my relationship with M going?" I'm learning to try to read all of the cards together as a story, paying attention to the pictures on the cards. I'm using the Rider deck. I got: 1. Page of Wands 2. 7 of Pentacles 3. 6 of wands and drew a clarifier, The Moon. The 7 of pentacles totally makes sense for the present positon, because after feeling like I'm being stringed along, I put my foot down and told him I was done. He seemed suprised and has contacted me twice, saying that he is sorry I was so hurt and he didnt want it to be like this blah blah blah. I keep getting the 6 of wands as an outcome card with this guy. It looks like a victory or a win, but it could be a victory of my own. Like going off on my own...not sure. But the moon coming up as a clarifier, I really don't understand. Any thoughts or ideas?

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Six of wands is typically a personal victory or something working out for you ultimately. The Moon as a clarification is interesting. The Moon is the card of intuition, but also deep emotions and the subconscious. The Moon may be telling you to follow your "gut" and intuition - and not succumb to fears or emotion as you make your choice regarding this relationship.

You stated that you felt strung along and hurt, and his past behavior has not been what you had hoped, and that going off on your own could also be seen as a victory. This tells me this is an area that you truly need to meditate on further before making a decision and I think your Moon card is pointing to that more than the relationship itself.

D
D
Thank you, Christin!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
you're welcome smile

Hi Christin! I haven't been keeping up really but nice to 'hear your voice' again. Recently the Devil turned up as 'What to do'. Friends have told me I should ditch the fears, or look out for self-destructive behaviour, and similar - but the question was so definitely what I SHOULD do, not what I should avoid. I was thinking of 'everything currently going on' as one big question, because I have lots of strands of difficult situations (some related to each other, some separate) in my life at the moment and it does feel like one big aaagh that life's dumping on me(!) - partly of my own choosing, not all of it though. More than one 'strand' is life-changing, none of it has reached a conclusion, all of it been going on months at least, some reaching a peak now... The specific wording of my question was 'What approach should I adopt overall [in the face of all this]?' and I was expecting something like Strength (self-discipline) or the 2 of Pents (keep my eye on everything, don't focus on one problem forgetting the other stuff), etc. I've had a few thoughts about this Devil but none of them ring true in the 'Aha!' way that tells me it's the correct reading. I wondered if it simply meant enjoy! or more classically, be selfish and put my own needs/wants before others' - or be manipulative and controlling, dishonest even - the cards have been telling me all year to be less Queen of Cups and put myself first more, but I can't believe they want me to tell lies. Be secretive maybe but I'm already having to do keep my cards close to my chest (pun unintentional, lol). Often when baffled I'll just leave it in my notes to come back to with hindsight, but this was such an 'overall' question and it felt important to understand, even before a Major came up as the answer. Ideas? :) Thanx! mm

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Hi MandMaud
Sorry for the length of time to respond - we had a holiday week this week and I'm behind on everything again wink lol.

The Devil in any spread I have ever done is a cautionary fellow. He suggests a need to be honest with oneself or to ensure that what you are doing or considering doing is not going to sabotage you in the end or work against you. Perhaps in this situation you have stated you are ready to move past it, but part of you is still drawn to returning to the status quo or giving in etc. and the Devil may be telling you - Look at me! here I am now conquer the source of your undoing.

The devil can be a liberating card because it helps us to see and address weaknesses and when we are ready to face those with honesty we find the inner strength to overcome the challenges he represents.

As for the whole "selfishness" thing - I think not. There is a difference between being self-serving (positive it means you are giving yourself what you need) and "selfish" which often points to less than stellar motives wink. If you are in service to yourself, that is wonderful. If you are doing things that are less than desirable for some "devilish" reasons - perhaps not so much.

Regardless, I hope you figure it out and that you continue to empower yourself because that's what's truly important in all this.

#794087 11/24/12 07:25 PM
O
O
So I'm going back to school (for Nursing) this coming spring and been looking at the scopes of practice I might be interested in. I have a few but I have one I really take big interest in. So being that I believe the Tarot "channels" your high-self to answer questions, I figure my high-self would know me best. So I ask (yes or no question) "Is labor & delivery nursing right for me?" - 10 of pentacles - 3 of rods - king of rods - 8 of rods - knight of rods (R) and I clarified this card with Ace of Swords. Now the way I do this spread is the reversed cards mean "no" and the middle card count double. I used the Morgan Greer deck and the pictorials are similar to the Rider-Waite with slight changes in the details. My interpretation: I feel the 10 of swords talks about what I ultimately want. I know the spread is supposed to go from Past-Future however I have never really felt a sense of what I see in this card. I've felt quite unaccomplished, so this is more of a want card to me. 3 of rods is what I'm definitely looking to do, expansion... On this particular card the man has 3 rods, and the one he has his back turned on has three little acorns... The acorns to me symbolize accomplishments... The two other ones he has on his hands have none, so he's kind of like, putting his past accomplishments behind him and trying to work on the ones he has in his hands right now. The only problem here is I tend to associate this card with travel a lot. So not sure if I'm getting the interpretation right. King of rods I'm a little stuck on.. I thought the trumps resemble people and not exactly sure how I relate to this king? Or if he resembles an event or somebody in my life? I suppose if I "took" this spread as a past-future spread this would be someone I know because it is situated in the present. 8 of wands, another confusing card. I always associate this with something fast, like travel by air. Knight of rods clarified by the Ace of swords... Another ball of confusion because I don't know if the men can resemble women, or if they resemble events or somebody that "may" come into my life. Which is why I drew the Ace to clarify... Whatever it is, I will "cut through/break through" it. Any ideas? Wooooo! Sorry for the long post. :P

Last edited by openminded; 11/24/12 07:33 PM.
C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Hi openminded,
not a problem at all. As for your spread, why would you draw so many cards for a "yes or no" question? That seems to me to be why your answers are confusing you. Typically a yes or no question is a single card or perhaps a couple of cards.

I would ask something like "What surrounds nursing school for me?" if you are going to look at several cards, or focus on Nursing school / nursing and do a more thorough spread like a traditional Celtic Cross may be a good choice here - or any career spread that explores one's natural strengths and challenges.

As for your cards here the ten of coins suggests a supportive environment, working for a cause that serves others, and stability. The 3 of wands is a card of adventure, a pioneering spirit bravely entering a new venture. The King of Wands suggests someone who is good at planning and ideas, a smart person who learns quickly, but sometimes wands people start off with great enthusiasm, and later have difficulty maintaining said enthusiasm or finishing what they start. The 8 of Wands suggests a lot of energy, a lot of things "up in the air" so to speak and a lot of enthusiasm, but no real set target just yet - things are still in the process of gaining initiative. a Knight of Wands in this instance would be you - not another person, because you were asking if the career choice is right for you. A Knight is someone who is unpredictable, very passionate and motivated (at least initially) but who sometimes struggles with long-range goals. With all of this fiery wands energy I would consider that you have a lot of enthusiasm about the idea - but have you truly researched the reality of the situation? Take time to research how difficult the schooling is, what the job prospects are in your area for graduates, how competitive of a field of nursing it is, can you handle it when things go wrong? As a labor and delivery nurse you will deal with things like stillbirth, complications and loss as well as joys. How mentally and emotionally prepared are you to handle those aspects? These are all things to carefully consider so that if you do decide this is the field for you - you will be able to maintain that wands enthusiasm and spirit - and not have regrets after you've already begun.

Best wishes!
Christin

O
O
Hi Christin!!! You're awesome, thanks so much for clarifying a few things for me. Good question. I actually usually use 3 cards, but I read somewhere about a spread with 5 having more "detail" in regards to time. So the first would be far past, second immediate past, third present, fourth, near future, fifth far future... Whether or not the cards read that way all the time, I am not sure. Good to know knights and kings could resemble me. I'm well aware of the field itself, including nursing in general, my ultimate challenge is the schooling and being able to get my foot in when it comes to that for the time being. I don't usually let things like competition stop me from pursing something because if that were the case I should just quit "life" right now. Almost everything career related is a competition. That's just the reality. I should probably the cards about school itself? I can't get to point be without going through point A first.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.