Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
azirajewels, Chrissy Brady-Smith, Emma Lomax, noahmiller2, Yass Ifisovich
57459 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57460 Members
417 Forums
113586 Topics
806647 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 417
Nancy Roussy 228
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 122
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 63
Jana - Creativity Editor 57
Mona - Astronomy 51
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 40
mary-tea1 23
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#787613 - 10/12/12 08:36 PM Panini Without a Press
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
Panini Without a Press

What can you do if you have a craving for a Panini sandwich, but you don't have a press? You can always grill the sandwich. That works. However, what do you do if you want those sandwich fillings pressed together? This article will tell you how to make that Panini without a press!

Panini Without a Press

Edited by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches (10/12/12 08:40 PM)
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Add Panini Without a Press to Twitter Add Panini Without a Press to Facebook Add Panini Without a Press to MySpace Add Panini Without a Press to Del.icio.us Digg Panini Without a Press Add Panini Without a Press to Yahoo My Web Add Panini Without a Press to Google Bookmarks Add Panini Without a Press to Stumbleupon Add Panini Without a Press to Reddit
#787614 - 10/12/12 08:38 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

This one is for the Panini fans who live quiet lives of Panini induced desperation without a Panini press!

Seriously, try this carefully; use potholders on those iron handles.

Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Twitter Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Facebook Add Re: Panini Without a Press to MySpace Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Panini Without a Press Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Stumbleupon Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Reddit
#787624 - 10/13/12 09:05 AM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Great idea, but I go the simpler route using a frying pan, cover it with the cover and use a little butter. As I grill each side I press the sandwich down with a spatula. Not the same thing, but it works in a pinch for a quick, hot sandwich.

Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Twitter Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Facebook Add Re: Panini Without a Press to MySpace Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Panini Without a Press Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Stumbleupon Add Re: Panini Without a Press to Reddit
#787652 - 10/13/12 11:00 AM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Nice method. I use this, too.

Lori wanted a press idea, and the iron skillets will definitely press!

#787654 - 10/13/12 11:09 AM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

They sure would press, and would make a better tasting sandwich too, I'd bet.

I can't use cast iron skillets on a smooth glass topped stove, but if I had another type of stove I would try it.

#787656 - 10/13/12 11:36 AM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

I love those glass topped stoves. My mother-in-law has had one for years.

Debbie, I am such a klutz that the glass would probably need to be replaced in a month. Give me a gas stove where I can spray grease all over the place toasting hot dogs!

#787804 - 10/14/12 10:32 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

THANK YOU CONNIE!!! I can't wait to try this tomorrow!!! I knew that grilling is an alternative but the thing about the panini press is that it squashes thicker bread like ciabatta and foccacia into flat, crunchy tops and bottoms!

I will try this and be sure to put on extra weights in the pan!

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

#787821 - 10/14/12 11:52 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Make sure that the weights are metal--not plastic!!

#787824 - 10/15/12 01:15 AM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Good reminder! LOL. Thanks!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#787948 - 10/15/12 07:24 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Be sure to tell us about your taste treat!

#788328 - 10/18/12 06:55 AM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Have you had time to make a Panini? Why not try it this weekend!

#788340 - 10/18/12 12:15 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

No, I have not, Connie. Ended up making Japanese and Italian for the past few days. I will do it this weekend. I need to get some fixings for them!

I will return and report! smile

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#788623 - 10/19/12 07:12 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Japanese and Italian sound good!

#788873 - 10/21/12 11:35 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Ok, the weekend is over and guess what? No panini yet. frown

It was a little chilly here so I opted for Japanese--again--noodle soup (ramen). I actually saved some steak to slice and put into the panini but ended up slicing and topping the ramen with it and some green scallions.

One of the reasons I didn't do panini on Saturday is that hubby and I went to Jerry's Deli in LA and we both ate sandwiches there.

I will make panini sometime this week. My family knows my plans and they're ready, willing and able! smile

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#788879 - 10/21/12 11:43 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Lori, you make Panini when it feels right to you! No stress, no worries...just whenever!

I enjoyed doing the article. You enjoy the Panini whenever the craving strikes!

#788890 - 10/22/12 12:21 AM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Oh, you are too kind--and patient! Truly, our mouths are watering for panini. I'm just sad that my summer basil plant is done for the season. There's nothing like fresh basil in a panini.

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#789038 - 10/22/12 07:36 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

My grocery store sells living basil plants.

#789044 - 10/22/12 08:40 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

This would make a better post in a new thread but since I'm preparing to make my first panini without a press, I'm searching for GREAT condiment spreads to use.

I looked in your condiments subject links but didn't really find anything that I have in mind. Can you come up with some yummy flavored spreads?

I would love you forever! smile

And, can you re-create the old Bob's Big Boy hamburger relish? The one made with lots of sweet pickle relish and tomato ketchup? I love that.

Gosh, I'm giving you a lot of assignments, huh? Sorry! You don't have to listen to me!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#789059 - 10/22/12 10:59 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Lori, a lot of my condiments are with the sandwiches that I make them for. Mango mayo is a great one.

Whatever you use needs to be a concentrated flavor and not too juicy.

#790106 - 10/29/12 06:23 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

If you've tried this, be sure to tell us how your sandwiches came out! Was it an adventure?

#790198 - 10/30/12 12:53 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hey Connie! I...well...I didn't want to tell you the truth that I didn't try it yet! I fully planned to, but the family wanted German Potato Salad and after peeling all those potatoes and frying up bacon, I didn't feel like doing the panini press magic for each of our sandwiches. Lazy, eh?

So they got Black Forest ham sandwiches--unpanini-ed!

sigh.

But the paninis are on the menu, for sure!!!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#790214 - 10/30/12 02:56 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

The press is ready when you are! No stress, my friend...just whenever the mood strikes, then strike while the iron is hot!

#792222 - 11/10/12 03:42 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I TRIED IT! I TRIED IT! FINALLY!

I'm so sorry for taking so long to try this when you put such effort and speed into responding to my request, Connie. How rude of me. frown

However, I am THRILLED with the results! I just made my hubby a panini using my cast iron skillets and a heavy pot. I also used plenty of butter and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese for a Parmesan "crust."

The filling consisted of Monterey PepperJack cheese, cotto salami, bolgona, stoneground mustard and a bit of mayo. Just a simple cold cut sandwich because that was what I had on hand. The Parmesan crust really makes it.

Anyway, pressing it like a panini made it a terrific sandwich. He said it was freaking awesome! LOL. Turned a simple cold cut sandwich into freaking awesome.

Thank you so so much, Connie! You saved me from having to buy yet a one-trick appliance--and an expensive one at that!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

#792243 - 11/10/12 07:59 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

It's fantastic that you and your hubby loved it. I truly appreciate all of the wonderful things that you can do with a few cast iron skillets.

#792332 - 11/11/12 03:53 PM Re: Panini Without a Press [Re: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]
Lori-Dreams Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I can't wait to make panini again. It was so crispy and delicious. I'll pick up some steak to make steak panini with some of your sandwich ideas in your latest article. smile

They are a good way to stretch steak thesedays!

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Change a letter game - 6 letter edition
by Dorcy
Inspiration
18 minutes 15 seconds ago
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 04:26 PM
Tunafish - cans? packets?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 02:30 PM
Broomsticks Pagan shop
by Ninjahedgewych
Pagan
Yesterday at 10:54 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Yesterday at 09:54 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Yesterday at 09:53 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:50 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Yesterday at 09:46 AM
15 Potluck Dishes for any Occasion
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Attention Deficit Disorder and Pet Ownership
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 08:26 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.