logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none, The text that will follow ,I received today by a Sri-Lankan Bhikkhu. Friends:What Causes the Conditioned End of Suffering?What is Dependent Co-Cessation? Cut short: When this cause is absent, that effect too is non-existent. When this condition ceases, that phenomenon too fades away.In quite profound Detail: The fading away of Ignorance causes Mental Construction to cease. The fading away of Mental Construction causes Consciousness to cease. The fading away of Consciousness causes Name-&-Form to cease. The fading away of Name-&-Form causes The 6 Senses to cease. The fading away of The 6 Senses causes Contact to cease. The fading away of Contact causes Feeling to cease. The fading away of Feeling causes Craving to cease. The fading away of Craving causes Clinging to cease. The fading away of Clinging causes Becoming to cease. The fading away of Becoming causes Birth to cease. The fading away of Birth causes Ageing, Decay & Death to cease. The fading away of Ageing, Decay & Death causes Pain to cease... Such is the Complete Ceasing of this entire immense mass of Suffering! This is called the Right Way ... It is much deeper, than it initially appears! This is Dependent Co-Cessation! Breaking the Chain of detrimental Events! To some this might be a harsh text,this text is from a purist Theravadin. However ,I am in total agreement with Bhikkhu Samahita. Comments ! _/\_ loongdragon

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I feel like i want to sit down with this on a slip of paper and meditate on it. I am not sure how one thing connects to the other in each case, but my guess is that sitting quietly with it would help.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Ridding one's self of suffering...

Well, in my opinion, it can be made as complicated as another can make it. As deep as another might want it...

From what I've found, the answer is really, and I mean really simple.

Suffering comes from within.

And, much of suffering comes from purification of self, which often entails, self-loathing of that which the Entity or Soul wishes or is on path to purge or learn at the juncture of the suffering.

You could climb the highest mountain, kneel to the Pope himself, find the most exotic island or name or (re-named) individual who themselves have found their own purification, yet it will not be that of your own, for that in itself, to have access, lies only within...

Exchanges, partnerships, readings and writings are merely guide-posts helping you along your way.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Agreed. Although, it's still nice to have a map and signposts along the way. smile

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Jilly,

Buddhism uses a language that is different from other sorts of

spirituality .The one originally given was ,as I had mentionned

a harsh text.I could have written something simpler,however,this
is a buddhist site.If you so desire ,I will write my own
conception,in easyer words .Buddhism is not for the faint of heart.I have been reading the same book for more than 3 months now.By the way ,you can buy a e-book by Lisa for 99 cents.

I have downloaded it ,printed it,and tomorrow i will make it as
a book with a real cover and everything.

Again I reiterate,if you absolutly want me to simplify the original text,I will do it, but still in buddhist words.

Your's friendly

loongdragon

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
No need. I am having fun with everything you are writing.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
To all or none,

Almost evryday ,I sit with 3persons sharing,practicing my compassion,my patience.

It is unbelievable,how people create their sufferings,with fears,negative talks,
Never trying to find a way tosee life as beautiful.

There I sit,analizing their ways of thinking,and not understanging,why they like to suffer so much.Sometimes,I slip a phrase of metta.

People really adore suffering.......

Loong

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Suffering is a part of the human experience. We came to know suffering.

People forget, however, that once they experience it, they can let it go. They are better served to know it and then move onto feeling its opposite which is relief.

Relief is an important experience because we then more fully can appreciate the feelings of health, vitality, freedom, release and the opposite of what has caused our suffering.

If one does not know suffering, how can one know how good it feels to be at ease and at peace?

What do you think people suffer from the most? What is the cause of most human suffering?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Originally Posted By: Lori-Dreams
What do you think people suffer from the most? What is the cause of most human suffering?

Affirmation of self wink

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Dear Lori-Dreams,

the main reason of suffering for humans,is :desires not met,clinging to many things
In reality makes them suffer.This morning in the newspaper a mother drowns her 3children Suffering to the extreme.

Abeaten woman staying in the hell she lives,,a man desiring women in a unnormal way,wanting more and more money,when so little is necessary.

The main reason for suffering,is craving,I believe followed by attachment,then fetters.

Hope this was a sufficient answer.
People are their own tortionnary.No one else.
Loong

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.