Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
madhvi, daves101, JuneJenny, debbiebbb, Anne_0921
56592 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56592 Members
417 Forums
111498 Topics
786363 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 284
Nancy Roussy 174
Rosie 66 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 130
loongdragon 114
James Andrew 108
Lestie4containergardens 72
Jilly 69
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#767265 - 06/09/12 01:45 AM Barefooting
Stacy - Conception Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Hi everyone: has anyone tried barefooting? Since I read about it and wrote about it, I've been trying to walk barefoot outside every day. I find it very relaxing! I don't go for very long, but even a few steps or standing in the grass makes me feel really calm.

What do you all think about it? If I lived on a beach, I'd be out there walking barefoot every day!

Add Barefooting to Twitter Add Barefooting to Facebook Add Barefooting to MySpace Add Barefooting to Del.icio.us Digg Barefooting Add Barefooting to Yahoo My Web Add Barefooting to Google Bookmarks Add Barefooting to Stumbleupon Add Barefooting to Reddit
#768498 - 06/17/12 02:19 AM Re: Barefooting [Re: Stacy - Conception]

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Hi: I can't believe how many emails I'm getting about barefooting. I never knew so many people were into it!

I can see why they are, though. I've been walking outside barefoot daily for a few weeks. I'm not trying to get pregnant, so I can't tell you it worked for that, but I feel good.

If you've given it a try, let us know.

Add Re: Barefooting to Twitter Add Re: Barefooting to Facebook Add Re: Barefooting to MySpace Add Re: Barefooting to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Barefooting Add Re: Barefooting to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Barefooting to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Barefooting to Stumbleupon Add Re: Barefooting to Reddit
#768582 - 06/18/12 02:36 AM Re: Barefooting [Re: Stacy - Conception]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
What is barefooting?

People can't really be barefoot in most of AZ, as much of the flora and fauna is spiny, thorny or stings. smile

Add Re: Barefooting to Twitter Add Re: Barefooting to Facebook Add Re: Barefooting to MySpace Add Re: Barefooting to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Barefooting Add Re: Barefooting to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Barefooting to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Barefooting to Stumbleupon Add Re: Barefooting to Reddit
#778707 - 08/22/12 06:46 AM Re: Barefooting [Re: Stacy - Conception]
Rosie 66 Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I wouldn't barefoot out doors people spit on the ground and other nasty stuff out there
But i'm always barefoot in the house

#786847 - 10/09/12 03:36 PM Re: Barefooting [Re: Rosie 66]

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Walking outside barefoot is something most people only do on the beach, with good reason! But I like to walk in my backyard barefoot because I actually have a decent yard.

An alternative I recently discovered is a grounding pad. The concept is that the pad will conduct grounded energy rather than have to walk outside--same result without being outside.

You know, there are still people all around the world who sleep on mats on the floor or even outside. Our connection to the energy of the earth goes back to ancient times--it's now in modern times that we have removed ourselves from that energy, and perhaps we all need to reconnect to it. It's a great way to generate antioxidants to counteract oxidation from free radicals and decrease inflammation.

#786848 - 10/09/12 03:38 PM Re: Barefooting [Re: Stacy - Conception]

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Also, being barefoot inside doesn't provide any grounding benefits because flooring blocks the earth's conduction. I'm not saying it's not good for your foot structure to be barefoot, but you're not getting any connection with the earth inside.

If you have any joint problems or other areas of inflammation in your body, try barefooting or grounding pads.

Moderator:  Stacy - Conception 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Value of Self-Talk
by Dr J Webb - Mental Health
Mental Health
7 seconds ago
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
35 minutes 24 seconds ago
Where to Find a Job Online
by James Andrew
Online Services
Today at 11:37 AM
What My Spirituality Is!
by loongdragon
Spirituality
Today at 11:24 AM
Germany's Window Box and Balcony Lifestyle
by Francine - German Culture
German Culture
Today at 11:05 AM
What will you do today?
by James Andrew
Inspiration
Today at 10:51 AM
The Gifts of ADD
by James Andrew
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 10:46 AM
Turn Your Passion into a Profitable Business
by James Andrew
Business Coach
Today at 10:37 AM
Packing Light for a Long Backpacking Journey
by Gregory - Hiking/BP Editor
Hiking & Backpacking
Today at 10:31 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by daves101
Dreams
Today at 10:30 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
5 registered (Izeigo, Lestie4containergardens, Kathryn - Short Stories, Mona - Astronomy, 1 invisible), 149 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.