Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My daughter just got out of the hospital a couple of weeks ago, she was there for almost a week after having her baby. Oh my, I could definitely tell the nurses who still love their job vs the ones who were not quite so happy. Nursing is a very difficult profession not just the knowledge level needed, buI I would imagine compassion and the emotions. Doing your job while being a patient and family advocate. I definitely applaud anyone choosing a nursing career.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
Dianne,

I agree with you. The nurses who carry a passion for what they do still shine with that certain "something" which others can really see.

When I was first in college I was taught by Benedictine nuns who really lived the love of caring and it showed in everything they did and said. They shared with each of us students what a passion for nursing was all about.

I am glad that you were able to see another side of nursing. It is the most difficult job to do at times, it is emotionally and physically taxing, it requires many skills - from mental acuity to physical skills. But most of all nursing requires a heart filled with compassion and empathy. When we care we truly touch the lives of those we care for and to me that is the greatest honor and privilege.

I have been the first human touch someone has felt as they entered the world and the last human touch felt as they have left this life. Both events are an honor and privilege to be part of. I see many nurses still alive with that spirit.

I hope and pray your daughter and your new grandbaby are both on their way to excellent health.

Lorraine Hover
MSN, BA, RN
Nursing Editor BellaOnline.com
www.BellaOnline.com/site/nursing

Nurses' hands do God's work here on Earth
C
C

O
O
Finally a positive thread on nursing!! Sometimes the things I read makes me worry. If someones not happy about their job, it's just all around bad for themselves or even the patient. Going back to school this spring. Gonna finish up my sciences and hope I get into the program here. :-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.