Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
mfboutique, Mrs. Cara, lighthouse, Fee, anawhitt
57195 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57195 Members
417 Forums
112982 Topics
800502 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 673
Beetlemess 274
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 273
Nancy Roussy 189
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 112
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 100
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 94
Susan - Meditation Editor 48
Mona - Astronomy 42
Sandra Investing/HFinance 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#783810 - 09/24/12 03:17 PM Squash blossom crpe recipe
Isabel - Mexican Food Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: Southern England
The season of the very traditional �flor de calabaza� or squash blossom has begun, and every market stall in Mexico is festooned with flowers and garlanded with this highly prized delicacy of late summer and early autumn. It is not easily available outside Mexico and I keep promising myself to plant some courgettes/zucchini in my garden just for the flowers, but have never managed to do so. If any of you do actually grow them, these cr�pes are delicious, rich and savoury.
Squash blossom cr�pe recipe

Add Squash blossom crpe recipe to Twitter Add Squash blossom crpe recipe to Facebook Add Squash blossom crpe recipe to MySpace Add Squash blossom crpe recipe to Del.icio.us Digg Squash blossom crpe recipe Add Squash blossom crpe recipe to Yahoo My Web Add Squash blossom crpe recipe to Google Bookmarks Add Squash blossom crpe recipe to Stumbleupon Add Squash blossom crpe recipe to Reddit
#784336 - 09/26/12 06:18 PM Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe [Re: Isabel - Mexican Food]
Les Ex-BellaOnline Ed. Offline
Chipmunk

Loc: Michoacan, Mexico
Hola Isabel,

When we go to Morelia and if the squash blossoms are in season, I always order two super-sized quesadillas stuffed with them at one of the outdoor restaurants by the Mercado de Revolucion 0n Calle 22 de Noviembre.

Thanks for reminding me that they are in season, so when I go to Zamora next Tuesday (no I won't be getting any chongos that you abhor!), I will go to that city's expansive outdoor mercado and buy some along with flour tortillas and some good melting queso so that I can make my own quesadillas. As your superb article mentioned, the squash blossoms' delicate flavor can be overwhelmed by strong ingredients/flavors. so I always eat any dishes with squash blossoms sin salsa.

Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Twitter Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Facebook Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to MySpace Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Stumbleupon Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Reddit
#786033 - 10/03/12 10:31 AM Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe [Re: Les Ex-BellaOnline Ed.]
Isabel - Mexican Food Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: Southern England
The Mercado de la Revolucion is awesome, I remember it well, and I can see the great big bunches of flor de calabaza in my mind's eye - and wish I could get my hands on some of them. They are finished here and it is a long wait to the next season. Enjoy your quesadillas!

Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Twitter Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Facebook Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to MySpace Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Stumbleupon Add Re: Squash blossom crpe recipe to Reddit

Moderator:  Isabel - Mexican Food 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The first aurorae have already been seen
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 04:57 PM
Writing Genre Fiction
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Fiction Writing
Today at 03:57 PM
Sandwich du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 01:37 PM
Exercise Helps ADD Symptoms Post Text:
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 01:36 PM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 01:34 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 12:51 PM
The Meditation Garden Within
Meditation
Today at 12:49 PM
Meditation Can Spiritually Deepen Relationships
Meditation
Today at 12:47 PM
Meditative State of Mind
Meditation
Today at 12:45 PM
Meditation Can Help Bear Grief
Meditation
Today at 12:43 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.