logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Last week's article dealt with how having a creative personality sometimes makes people feel they never fit in. Being creative is not always easy! Have you ever felt this way? How do you cope with it? Has it been a positive or negative experience?

Cara Randall
Creativity Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Very Much so Cara !

You stand out like a sore thumb because you have the vision and the energy... then you have to deal with the backward pull of jealousy.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Hi Cara,

Great article! I think one of the worst times for a creative person is at high school - at least it was for me, back in the early 1970s. We had to do so much learning by rote; or we were given a bunch of facts and had to rewrite them as essays. There was nobody who could understand why I was so bored. I really hope things are better for kids now.

Reading Margaret Lobenstine's book 'The Renaissance Soul' was a big help for me. I'd recommend it for any creative person who feels they're out in the cold.

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

I
I
I haven't seen your articles but by reading your article's title i can say that one should be very creative and knowledgeable for writing these kind of articles.

Gecko
Gecko
Negative, especially now. In college, I was thankfully with like-minded people. But after graduating, I found that other people don't necessarily understand my viewpoints. :-|

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
V
V
Can you send some Article related to Creativity? How Creativity stands in Education field?

Many, many times, but I've always felt like an outsider, even before I began writing.

It's been both good and bad. It's always wonderful to know what your purpose is, and feel like you're moving towards that purpose. But, sometimes, it seems like it would be interesting to just be, "normal," for lack of a better term.

I have not had a normal life, so I often wonder what it would be like to have had one. I cope by doing what I'm supposed to do: write.

Laura Wright-Editor
Urban Legends@BellaOnline.com
J
J
I definitely get odd looks, for lack of a better description, when people find out I write full time and don't have what they deem to be a "real" job. Often, people express surprise that I spend hours everyday writing. I deal with it by explaining that it is my job, and I have to spend my time working at it just as they spend time at their accounting job, or plumbing job, or whatever it is they do!

M
M
Many times, yes. But thanks to being inspired by my family, creativity lets me back in easily. Thanks!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love being a creative, but YES, I have always felt like an alien on my own planet.

Actually, I'm not really convinced I'm entirely human.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.