logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Mitt Romney will be the next U.S. president. He was a Republican governor of Massachusetts. He is a Mormon. There has never been a Mormon president. Romney will be the first.

Willard Mitt Romney was born March 12, 1947, in Detroit, Michigan. He is the son of George Romney, a 1968 presidential candidate. He and his wife, Ann, have 5 sons. Romney has a B.A. from Brigham Young University and an MBA from Harvard. He co-founded Bain Capital, an investment firm, and helped to start Staples office-supply.

Romney ran for the U.S. Senate in 1994 but lost to Ted Kennedy. He was elected governor of Massachusetts in 2002 and served a four-year term. He had conservative values, a Republican governor in a liberal state. With veterans returning from Iraq, there need to be adequate benefits and health care. Romney supports veterans. He was the first Massachusetts governor to appoint a Secretary of Veterans' Affairs.

12 million illegal immigrants poured into the United States from the south. Romney is hard on illegals. He made an agreement with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement that allowed state troopers to arrest and deport.

Romney supports nuclear energy and wants to drill for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

Romney is pro-life. He opposes Roe v. Wade. He is against abortion except in cases of rape, incest or when the mother's life is threatened. He supports the death penalty in cases of terrorism and multiple killings. He believes that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Romney opposes same-sex marriage and civil unions.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Useful overview of our next president, Jim. Thank you.

I'd like to add that he also completed a law degree at Harvard, "He attended Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School and received both a law degree and an M.B.A. in 1975": Mitt Romney: Biography

Last edited by Linda Sue Grimes; 06/29/12 10:35 AM.

Blessings,
Linda Sue Grimes
Maya Shedd's Temple
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Thanks for the additional info, Linda. The debates are coming. Romney will have to give it everything he's got. I think he can do it.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I think the differences between these two candidates will become very clear during the debates.

Blessings,
Linda Sue Grimes
Maya Shedd's Temple
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
It's too bad many states will start early voting very soon. Those people won't even see all of the debates.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Our early voting starts October 17, which means people voting that early would miss only one debate--the one on foreign policy, and while that is not ideal, I doubt that the one debate would over all make that much difference.

Blessings,
Linda Sue Grimes
Maya Shedd's Temple
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello all,

I have little understanding of American politics in general but keep a watching brief as it were. What does/will Mitt Romney do now? Is he still a Republican Governor? Senator? etc.

Apologies if you think my questions a little naive.

Thanks

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
He was no longer in government. His son came out the other day and said that he really didn't want to be president.

By the time election day came around I was very disappointed in the entire process. I felt Romney didn't have the 'fire in his belly' which would match what his son came out and said recently.

I listened to the democrat convention and their platform was deplorable. I felt Obama won by bribing his voters promising them everything they might want. Romney didn't come across well. I have no idea what the future holds for America.

When Kennedy ran his slogan was, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" and this is now turned around completely.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
When Kennedy ran his slogan was, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" and this is now turned around completely.

Good point Angie.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.