Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#784000 09/25/12 09:08 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human

Disneyland has grown over the years from strictly an amusement park to include a resort. You can go for several days and stay in or near the complex. I think this is the best choice for families that are coming from a distance.

Disneyland Park in Anaheim

Tell us about your experiences at Disneyland -

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I lived in or near Anaheim for most of my life. I worked there while I went to college, and my family has had annual passes for as long as I can remember.

My children would rush home to do their homework so I could take them to play on Tom Sawyer's Island afterward. Disneyland was their backyard.

I feel for people who can visit for only a day. There is so much more to the place than the rides. The ambiance is so pleasant with every little artful detail painting a picture of a faraway time or place. We stroll through Disneyland without going on a single attraction during most of our visits. Locals will ride only if the ride is a "walk on" meaning that there is no line. But we come for the fantasy escape, the music, the dining.

There are new events all the time to attract the regular annual passholders. I would encourage first time visitors to go to the Disneyland website for tips on how to make the most of your trip. Top tips:

1. If at all possible, visit during the off-season (not summer!) or you will spend more of your time in long lines.
2. If you must visit during peak season, map out the rides you must experience and then make a beeline for the "fast pass" tickets for each attraction. This will save you waiting in long lines.
3. Take a look at the daily schedule so see which parades or other shows you'd like to see. If you'd like your little one to participate in the Jedi training show, for example, choose a time and arrive early! The spots are limited. And be sure to warn your young padawan that he still might not get selected.
4. As for dining, you'll need reservations for some of the dining establishments (Blue Bayou, etc.)

I can offer more but this is a start! smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Lori, you are so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great article Susan! Lori, you are super lucky! My sister lives in California and has passes.

I've only been to Disneyland once and that was almost 20 years ago.

We go to Disney World almost every year. Disney is my absolute favorite place on earth. Every couple of years the entire family goes to Disney World (parents, sisters and their families). Almost every year in between the family gatherings I go with either just my sisters or my kids. Last year my sisters and I went in February and then the extended family spent almost two weeks in August.

I hope to get back to DisneyLand one day.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Yes, we are appreciative of our good fortune. So we are extra courteous to those we know are out of town visitors. For example, if we care to see a parade, we don't stake out the best seats (although I can tell you a little secret to getting a reserved seat at the top of Main Street Square in front of the train station is to talk to the train station employees who will direct you to the person in charge. If there are cancellations, your party can get the best seats in the park!)If lines are long, we skip.

Dianne, Disneyland has changed drastically since you've been there! I've been to Disney World and while that is magnificent (Epcot!!!) there is nothing like the original place--to me at least! There are new attractions that I haven't been on yet as we wait until the excitement dies down. The new Cars Land looks fun but we haven't been on any of the rides. Oh, that's in California Adventure. As is the stunning Animation Building. That is a must see!

But back in Disneyland, there have been soooo many changes as well. All good. We still haven't seen the updated 3D version of the Star Tours ride that reopened a while back.

What is/was your favorite Disneyland ride? What rides or places in Disneyland are gone that you really miss?

Mine favorite ride is not a ride but the Lincoln attraction. It makes me feel so patriotic. Next comes the Matterhorn bobsleds, Pirates, Indiana Jones, It's a Small World, Casey Jr., Jungle Cruise, Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Peter Pan, oh, the list goes on.

I miss the People Mover and Circle Vision the most. And Carnation Plaza where you could watch people dance while eating an ice cream cone filled with Fantasia flavored ice cream! Well, they didn't dance while eating ice cream. I ate the ice cream.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Do you know what we love to do at Disneyland the most? Just stroll around to ooh and ahh over the flora. The landscaping is amazing. And they use all sorts of edible plants in an ornamental way, too.

At night, all the twinkling lights look so magical. We walk just to get some exercise while surrounded by fantasy scenes. Of course, then we have to resist the delectable aromas of fudge and toffee being made right before our eyes (they purposely pipe out the smells through a vent so passersby on Main Street will come in.) And the popcorn, churros, corn dogs, ice cream sundaes, pineapple whip, barbecue sticks, clam chowder in bread bowls, beignets. We have learned to be strong.

But then we treat ourselves on occasion, too. smile We're all kids at heart!

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Lori, thanks for adding such enthusiasm to this thread - maybe it is the happiest place on earth!

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
LOL. It *is*, Susan! smile

The people there are wonderful. Gosh, my favorite job was a Disneyland job. How we loved to work on rainy days when it was cool, less crowded and the hardy tourists who braved the rain got free Mickey Mouse rain ponchos and they'd hang around to talk with us and tell us about where they came from. I loved the people! It was like not working at all when I was an employee.

Oh I could go on and on about Disneyland but I'd better stop. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Lori, I love your stories - share as much as you wish!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, thank you Susan. All this reminiscing feels so good to the soul. smile

I remember the time when my rambunctious little boy put his head through the iron rails that surround the Mickey Mouse statue in front of the castle and his head got wedged in. He started to panic and shriek which alerted a group of Japanese tourists. They also panicked, rushed over and tried to get my son's head out. They were shouting at each other in Japanese what to do, and it was a very funny scene. I would have laughed if my son wasn't so frightened. His head came out and I was very thankful to those helpful men who kept smiling and bowing at me. smile

It goes to show you that the human family is filled with goodness and love.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 09/27/12 04:17 PM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.