Print Thread
I
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I
The season of the very traditional �flor de calabaza� or squash blossom has begun, and every market stall in Mexico is festooned with flowers and garlanded with this highly prized delicacy of late summer and early autumn. It is not easily available outside Mexico and I keep promising myself to plant some courgettes/zucchini in my garden just for the flowers, but have never managed to do so. If any of you do actually grow them, these cr�pes are delicious, rich and savoury.
Squash blossom cr�pe recipe

Isabel Hood
Mexican Food
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hola Isabel,

When we go to Morelia and if the squash blossoms are in season, I always order two super-sized quesadillas stuffed with them at one of the outdoor restaurants by the Mercado de Revolucion 0n Calle 22 de Noviembre.

Thanks for reminding me that they are in season, so when I go to Zamora next Tuesday (no I won't be getting any chongos that you abhor!), I will go to that city's expansive outdoor mercado and buy some along with flour tortillas and some good melting queso so that I can make my own quesadillas. As your superb article mentioned, the squash blossoms' delicate flavor can be overwhelmed by strong ingredients/flavors. so I always eat any dishes with squash blossoms sin salsa.

I
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I
The Mercado de la Revolucion is awesome, I remember it well, and I can see the great big bunches of flor de calabaza in my mind's eye - and wish I could get my hands on some of them. They are finished here and it is a long wait to the next season. Enjoy your quesadillas!

Isabel Hood
Mexican Food

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.