#782116 09/11/12 03:17 PM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
As part of my training for my 5K, I bought a pedometer to see just how many steps I take in a day. I didn't buy an expensive one - but it was a few dollars from the low end - just enough to serve a purpose. smile
After two days, I am finding, with my sedentary job, just how little I actually walk during the day. Yesterday I was at 15% of my goal towards 10000. eek
I read that the 10000 steps is about 5 miles give or take - oh my, I'm at even fewer today and it's after 3 in the afternoon.

Does anyone else reach 10,000 steps a day? If so, how DO you do it?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Wow, after two days of low step counts (less then 500), I had to go into DC for the past two days for meetings. By parking at the metro station and metro'ing in, then walking to my destination, I am actually at 8000 steps and it's only 1 in the afternoon. Dare I reach 2000 today?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I decided to increase my normal office day "step count" and decided to do a little office exercising. I got up from my desk and did some jogging in place for a couple of minutes.

That actually did two things - it pumped me up mentally and increased my step count. This has become a journey for me. :-)

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
It isn't all easy to get 10,000 steps unless you really work at it. I wore a pedometer and it spurred me on to get more stops in. I wore it to a senior aerobics class a couple of times and got a lot with that!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thanks Boomergal! You're right it is so hard to get to 10000 steps! I even wore it during Zumba, mowing the lawn and an incredible amount of running around yesterday (and not all in the car, and still only reached 8000.

I agree though, as much as I would love to reach 10000, wearing it makes me want to achieve more steps so I get up and move a lot more instead of sitting around, especially after only reaching around 300 that first day.

It's definitely a motivator for me!

Do you enjoy the aerobics class?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I started out at the Y taking Silver Sneakers classes, which were kind of an all around aerobic workout for seniors with weights, etc. I did that for about a year because I didn't know if I could keep up with the 20 somethings.

However, then I moved on to water aerobics, which I like better, plus tai chi and yoga. I don't care much for the regular aerobics type classes.

The one time my husband and I wore pedometers and had no trouble at all reaching 10,000 steps was when we went on a cruise. While at sea, we walked the jogging trail on the top deck after every meal and when we were in port, we often got over the 10,000 steps by walking everywhere. We kept at it so we didn't gain weight from all the food they serve!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Sounds like it was fun. My embarrassment was actually the opposite, at the age of 50, I couldn't keep up women who were 10 years older than I and were working it! :-)
I was panting like I hadn't sat up off a couch in years and they were jumping and doing all sorts of moves. Power to them! I hope to achieve that one day! :-)

I liked water aerobics, but the instructor makes a difference - did your instructor get in the water or stand on the side of the pool?

My extended family (sisters/families and parents) are planning a cruise next year. I heard gaining weight is easy with the "no additional charge" for food.

The closest I've come is 8000 steps, today wasn't a good day because I had a lot of meetings, but I'm headed to Zumba in another hour so...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.