logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
When using this lotion, I would wait at least a few minutes before going back to my quilting...Would not want to risk getting my fabric a little 'oil' spots on it,,,I never had any problems, but then I don't apply it, then start quilting right away..Doesn't take long tho..Only a few minutes. I hope you will try this and enjoy it... It usually cost about $5 to make,and so easy , and last a long time without going bad on you...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
Maybe just a dab will do ya :) and save the heavier application till bedtime. I can't wait to make and try it.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Carostew, I know just what you mean when you describe your hands. When I lived in Canberra, every year I'd get these terrible splits in the corners of my nails and it would make stitching so painful. Moving to a warmer climate certainly helped, but I still get dry hands. Vitamin E is a great remedy for me too. I buy it in bulk and put it EVERYWHERE! especially all the points (elbows, knees, heels, etc etc). I only use it at night, as I can't stand greasy fingers when I'm stitching, especially on needlework like hardanger!!

cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
C
C
Well, my lotion is all made (and it sure does make a lot) and even after using it just today my hands already feel so much better. They actually feel silky tonight. Judie thanks for bringing up the topic, and Joyful, thanks for the recipe.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Good on you carostew, you've inspired me to remember to moisterise each day. And it does make a difference!!

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I made a new batch of this lotion today, and that prompted me to pull this subject up once again.

I liked this lotion when I first tried it, and after using it for the past 10 months I wonder what I ever did without it. I use it on my hands and my feet on a regular basis. In addition, it has brought new life to my 65 year old face.

So, thanks again to Joyful for the recipe. To everyone else ~ if you haven't tried it, you should.

GrannyH

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I'm on it, Granny H - anything that could bring this face back to life is worth a try!!

Judie Bellingham

J
J
Where do you find the vitamin e cream?

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I got mine at Walmart. What I used was "Fruit of the Earth" brand Vitamin E skin care cream and I found it with other hand and face creams. This came in a 4 ounces container, but since I only make a half batch at a time 4 ounces is all I needed.

This container has a link www.fote.com is you'd like to find out about it. Hope you can find it.

I just went to that site, and they do not show the product I purchased. Sorry, GrannyH

Last edited by GrannyH; 12/12/13 12:45 PM.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
J
J
That is the same brand i have used for years and the only place I have seen it is kmart, I put it on my stocking stuffer list this year.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.