#780613 09/02/12 04:16 PM
S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
Peace & Blessings! In this article about family I was thinking of how fun it is to go back "home" to the reservation at Crow fair or any time. In addition to the love of family there, I am always aware of a sense of pride in my heritage and my people. The Crow Res is in Montana and I live in Washington State. Just like families anywhere on the planet we experience heartaches and joy and we always have each other.

What are some of your experiences like when going back "home" to where you are from?

Jacqueline Olivia Pina
[url = http://nativeamerican.bellaonline.com]NativeAmerican[/url]
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
T
Hello Sacred Tobacco Woman, I'm new to this forum but am very interested in understanding and knowing more about my Native background. I'm looking forward to your views and insight of your culture as they may help me to better understand mine. I'm very curious about your name. Why Sacred Tobacco Woman? Was it a given name? Peace and Blessings to you too.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Greetings, Jacqueline. I am really enjoying reading your articles. The Crow Fair Today is really a great article with lots of history and information.

I love learning about traditions and history of the Native American peoples. You are doing a wonderful job of keeping us informed on these subjects. Thank you.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
Hello and welcome! I am so excited for you to begin your journey of discovering your native heritage. I am also fairly new to this journey. My mother was born and raised on the Crow Reservation in Montana. But as a young woman she moved to Washington State with my grandmother and I was born there later.

I was given the name Sacred Tobacco Woman by one of my great-grandfathers. He was a Medicine Man and his English name was Matthew Good Luck. I'll have to check on what his Crow name was. My beloved grandmother, Pauline (First Bitteroot), had me named when I was 3 yrs. old.

Do you know what tribal culture you are from? I can't wait to hear about it and to share what I know now.

Love & Light

Jacqueline Olivia Pina
S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
Thank you, Phyllis. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to learn and grow with everyone! Native American philosophy is rich with spiritual wisdom. As with all great spiritual teachings of the world, our spirits are awakened as we gently remember who we are.

I am happy you have joined me on this path!

Love & Light

Jacqueline Olivia Pina

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.