logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I was wondering if anyone would have some insight into this: Long story short, I had recently started seeing a guy before things in his life went horribly wrong, one example being that his dad died (we were all together in the hospital when it happened). Needless to say, it was challenging for our new dating situation, and things turned shaky. He went out of town for a few days, and I avoided contact with him to see if he'd come back around and pursue me. Right before I decided to reach out to him, I did a 3 card reading where I asked what would happen if I communicated with him. This is what I got: 9 of Pentacles 10 of Cups 6 of Swords Well, I reached out, and he basically apologized for things not working out, and said the timing had been wrong, and he hoped we could be friends in the future. He carried on about how bad he felt about it, and I told him goodbye. My question is, why do you think the 10 of cups would show up right before a breakup? I thought that card combined with the six swords would point toward good communication and reconciliation. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
In this case the six of swords likely pointed to the difficult transition and the ten of cups the relationship you had hoped for. Moving away from that is challenging for you and it sounds like it was pretty disappointing for him also. As time goes on, maybe you'll both find you come together again - at least as friends. The Nine of Pents showed you reaching out to lend support and encourage him. The Ten of Cups was likely what you were hoping for or what you are seeking in a relationship and the six of swords was where things were likely heading.

Sometimes when issues are very emotional for us, it can be difficult to do an objective reading. During those times it can be helpful to have someone else do the reading for you. I'm sorry your relationship with this partner didn't work out as you had envisioned, but hopefully it has opened a door for someone even better to make his way to you.

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Christin is absolutely right. I agree with you and I am sorry for your relationship with your partner.

B
OP Offline
B
Thank you for the feedback. :)

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
you're welcome Butterfly smile

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

T
T
To me the 9 of pentacles is a woman alone and never a good sign for relatonships but is a good sign for independance. The 10 of cups is happiness, and the 6 of swords is leaving.
Putting it all together I think he may have left you for another woman, and when he says "timing" he means that someone else came along.

Last edited by Christin - Tarot; 11/10/12 11:31 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.