Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Chapter 6 - The Magical Kitchen

"Your heart is like that magical kitchen. If you open your heart, you already have all the love you need." Don Miguel Ruiz

In Chapter 6, Ruiz asks you to remember that you have all of the love that you need inside you. With that in mind, he asks us to compare it to having a magical kitchen that will provide us with any delicious meal that we ask it to. We have whatever and however much we want. Then, someone presents you with an offer; do as they tell you to and they will give you pizza (i.e., do as they tell you to and they will give you their version of love).

Why would you give that person control over you in exchange for pizza when you can have any food, including that same pizza (love), from your own kitchen?

Ruiz discusses self rejection and how it allows us to accept controlling and manipulative relationships.

Furthermore, Ruiz reminds us that we are responsible for our own happiness. Our relationships should be a compliment to the happiness we have already created for ourselves. Our relationships are a choice and they should be enjoyable.

Finally, Ruiz says, with self-love and acceptance, "...you take care of your half of the relationship. The other half is not your problem."

What did you think of this chapter?

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 09/03/12 09:30 AM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Wow, this chapter is so about what I use to be up until June of this year. It was like the light bulb finally went on. Now I am armed with "self love" that will help me to evaluate what I let into my insides. And yes, and yes about the controlling and manipulation. Girl, I could write a book about the relationship I just walked away from. 4 wasted years, but that is okay - I have forgiven myself and now I am better for the life lesson. LOL, now to teach my only child (daughter) not to repeat my mistakes. Hope she listens to some of what I have been sharing. I just got rid of a potential repeat of my mistake - and he was not happy. But glad to say she finally saw that I was right to confront him. It was like ma arrived just in time. Life has a way of freeing you up to take care of things. If I had not walked away from my "hell" - I would not have found out about her route to her future "hell"... Now I understand the famous saying "things happen when they are mean't to"....

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Angela-

That is amazing. Peace and healing to both of you. Sending you a message to your PM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Yvonnie:

I just checked again - still no PM frown

Hugs,

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My apologies Angela. Somehow I did not send it. Check again, it should be there now.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Tiger
Tiger
That is okay, I do have my "senior" moments when I forget stuff. I got it and responded. Tks!

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Here�s the quote I liked the best: �You have to focus on the most wonderful relationship you can have: the relationship with yourself.�

This chapter is so relevant, not just regarding relationships, but other things we think we *need* that are outside of ourselves. Remember that academic career I mentioned in the post for chapter 5? Well for years I lamented not having it, I felt like a failure. But then I looked at all that I�d learned on my own sans a structured program and I was amazed at what I�d accomplished.

Further I liked the fact that I'd tailored my studies to what I was interested as opposed to what someone else felt I should know.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Tiger
Tiger
Wow Leah, I needed to read this post today. I have finally sat my you know what down and re-figured what I need to do between now and November to accomplish some of my goals.

Since June, I have experienced different emotions since walking away from my ex - but EACH day brings an EXCITING revelation and I find myself SMILING more!!!

You are indeed a walking example of what I am determined to do.

Thanks for sharing smile

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.