Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
DrdubbleG, mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags, LegacyPoetry
57153 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57153 Members
417 Forums
112898 Topics
799144 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 752
Beetlemess 516
Nancy Roussy 229
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 117
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Dianne W - Editor 67
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Tracy - Philosophy 59
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#780898 - 09/04/12 12:41 PM Eating like a yoga master
EatingVeggies Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Atlanta, ga
I was interested in the diet aspects of practicing yoga. Do yoga students also learn about the ancient yoga dieting practices? I'm just being curious. I heard things about the healing and detoxing aspects of yoga.

Add Eating like a yoga master to Twitter Add Eating like a yoga master to Facebook Add Eating like a yoga master to MySpace Add Eating like a yoga master to Del.icio.us Digg Eating like a yoga master Add Eating like a yoga master to Yahoo My Web Add Eating like a yoga master to Google Bookmarks Add Eating like a yoga master to Stumbleupon Add Eating like a yoga master to Reddit
#783726 - 09/23/12 07:25 PM Re: Eating like a yoga master [Re: EatingVeggies]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I aim to eat lots of veggies, lean meats, low sugar, and drink lots of water. But I don't follow any special yoga diet in that sense.

Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Twitter Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Facebook Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to MySpace Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Eating like a yoga master Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Stumbleupon Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Reddit
#783736 - 09/23/12 09:06 PM Re: Eating like a yoga master [Re: EatingVeggies]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
I hope that this helps. Try and determine your body type, Kapha, Pitta,???? That should give you a better idea of which foods to eat.

Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Twitter Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Facebook Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to MySpace Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Eating like a yoga master Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Stumbleupon Add Re: Eating like a yoga master to Reddit
#787039 - 10/10/12 02:41 AM Re: Eating like a yoga master [Re: EatingVeggies]
BellaOnline Editor

I will look into figuring out my body type - thanks!

#792907 - 11/15/12 10:16 PM Re: Eating like a yoga master [Re: EatingVeggies]
BellaOnline Editor

OK a self-test I found on the web says I'm Pitta with Vata, with slightly more Pitta.

It says to avoid wheat and refined sugar. That should be all of us! Does it actually tell anybody to increase their sugar intake?

They say to avoid alcohol (i.e. wine). That won't happen smile.

Interestingly they say to never heat honey as it becomes poisonous. I'm not sure that's true ...?

#793109 - 11/17/12 10:28 AM Re: Eating like a yoga master [Re: EatingVeggies]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

I know, the tests can be quite generic and like you say relate to everyone :) I've heard it said that honey shouldn't be given to babies under 1 since it has been known to cause in rare cases infant botulism. Otherwise not known it to be considered poisonous.

#793532 - 11/20/12 10:08 AM Re: Eating like a yoga master [Re: EatingVeggies]
BellaOnline Editor

Tracy -

That's true, I have heard about the babies-no-honey thing. So maybe that's what they were thinking of.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Houdini (part 1)
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
44 minutes 57 seconds ago
Hotel Hell
by Nancy Roussy
Reality TV
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
Master Chef
by Nancy Roussy
Reality TV
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Kira Peikoff Author Interview
by Karen-Suspense/Thrillers
Suspense Thriller Books
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
A Good Day to Die Hard
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
Yesterday at 07:28 PM
Dr Phil
by Nancy Roussy
Daytime TV
Yesterday at 05:06 PM
Low Income Students and College
by Maeve Maddox-School Ref
School Reform
Yesterday at 05:02 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Home Finance
Yesterday at 02:26 PM
Home Finance Quizzes
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Home Finance
Yesterday at 02:26 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.