Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
AimeeLake7, albertjay8786, maya luna, rani singh, Alycia cullern
57333 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57333 Members
417 Forums
113321 Topics
804585 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 849
Beetlemess 438
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 387
Jana - Creativity Editor 326
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 62
Dorcy 62
Sandra Investing/HFinance 61
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 44
Linu 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#779909 - 08/29/12 07:50 PM Colonist Challenge Game
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Alrighty then .... here is a new game. This is a little different than most of our games.

We are colonists in the the year 1733 1765. It has been a hot, dry summer and the harvest is not as bountiful as usual. Plus we are in the midst of American Revolution and a Revolutionary War is pending, lots of skirmishes and small battles going on.

Beginning with the letter A, what are you going to do to be frugal for the coming times OR help the new country become independent?

Since I usually start the games with the first idea, I will ask one of you to start the game. Go for it! smile

Edited by PhyllisFolkMythAppalachia (08/29/12 08:08 PM)

Add Colonist Challenge Game to Twitter Add Colonist Challenge Game to Facebook Add Colonist Challenge Game to MySpace Add Colonist Challenge Game to Del.icio.us Digg Colonist Challenge Game Add Colonist Challenge Game to Yahoo My Web Add Colonist Challenge Game to Google Bookmarks Add Colonist Challenge Game to Stumbleupon Add Colonist Challenge Game to Reddit
#779910 - 08/29/12 07:54 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Awww! come on, Beetle, you got only a few minutes afore you take off for the day. smile

Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Twitter Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Facebook Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to MySpace Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Colonist Challenge Game Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Stumbleupon Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Reddit
#779913 - 08/29/12 08:01 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

<1733? Revolution??>

A
Apple Harvest - for fruits & cider

Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Twitter Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Facebook Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to MySpace Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Colonist Challenge Game Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Stumbleupon Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Reddit
#779919 - 08/29/12 08:06 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Sorry, Beetle .... 1765. I will go back and change that little error. Can't get anything past you, I tell ya what. smile

B
Beaver Pelts to sell or trade

#780037 - 08/30/12 05:54 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

C
Corn - from the 'pre-victory' garden; the hybrid variety we learned to grow from the original settlers from the New World Natives

#780170 - 08/31/12 03:05 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Loc: Kansas, USA
D
Darn our socks.

#780265 - 08/31/12 02:28 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

E
Early to bed; & rise with the sun - to save on burning candles

#780326 - 08/31/12 04:37 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

F
Frolic not -- but, work at necessary tasks all day

#780333 - 08/31/12 05:25 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

G
Gunpowder Hoarding - stock up for 'big one' that will come after those guys in Philadelphia finish arguing over what's to be said in that declaration

#780347 - 08/31/12 06:11 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

H
Hold a liberty rally.

#780372 - 08/31/12 06:49 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

I
Instigate verbal altercations with the Brits while at the liberty rally

#780470 - 09/01/12 08:42 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

J
Jam making w/ the in-season berries.

#780628 - 09/02/12 11:43 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

K
Knitting Scarfs, Mittens, and Caps for the winter season using scrap links of left over yarns from other projects.

#780807 - 09/03/12 11:16 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

L
Livestock tending--to make sure the animals stay healthy

#780871 - 09/04/12 04:48 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

M
Mending Clothes

#780920 - 09/04/12 03:51 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

N
Net Repair to be more efficient in fishing

#781049 - 09/05/12 12:56 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

O
Oyster Fry - mmmm - mmmmm - Mmm - good in garlic butter

#781058 - 09/05/12 01:20 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

P
Possum Stew?

#781061 - 09/05/12 01:27 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Possum stew is good. No possums round here though.

Q
Quick Game of pick up sticks to ease the tension and forget about the revolution for a little.

#781155 - 09/05/12 05:59 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

R
Reading the literature that's handed out at the market...

#781307 - 09/05/12 08:47 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

S
Saving all scraps of fabric for quilts

#781401 - 09/06/12 07:05 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

T
Tavern scraps for the composting pit
<<p.s. nice place to toss a drunk that keeps voicing allegiance to the King >>

#781455 - 09/06/12 07:57 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

U
Using plants and roots to make brooms and brushes.

#781462 - 09/06/12 08:06 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

V
Violin Construction from Local Lumber - need a fiddle at the barn raising clebration

Edited by Beetlemess (09/06/12 08:06 PM)

#781478 - 09/06/12 08:21 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

W
Wood Carving to decorate the barn doors

#781483 - 09/06/12 08:30 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

X
<for Granpappy>

XXX Stillin'

#781496 - 09/06/12 08:49 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Yes, of course .... for Granpappy. smile

Y
Yarrow - gathering yarrow for herbal usage

#781504 - 09/06/12 09:29 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Z
zzzz-zzzz (sleep helps everything)

#781570 - 09/07/12 05:09 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

A
Arrowhead knapping - use for hunting instead of gunpowder

#781769 - 09/09/12 12:43 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

B
Berry Picking - to make jams for the winter

#781830 - 09/09/12 11:43 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

C
Canoe making

#781911 - 09/10/12 02:33 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

D
Dig irrigation canals for diverting water to the crops

#782147 - 09/11/12 11:39 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

E
Evening Watch Hill - to warn the Evening Watch group on the next hill if the enemy is approaching.

#782228 - 09/12/12 04:28 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

F
Fort construction with lumber cleared from the crop fields

#782270 - 09/12/12 06:26 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

G
Getting the fire pits and kettles ready for making Apple Butter

#782294 - 09/12/12 07:18 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

H
Hollow out large tree trunk to make canoe

#782308 - 09/12/12 09:14 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

I
Intrument tuning so the fifes will be ready

#782435 - 09/13/12 06:58 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

J
Johnnycakes - a staple food made with cornmeal & served with maple syrup or honey

#782477 - 09/13/12 08:07 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

K
Keg Making - to store rain water

#782484 - 09/13/12 08:39 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

L
Latrine Relocation - "'bout time," Granpappy sez.

#782498 - 09/13/12 10:07 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

M
Mud Brick Making - to build a little garden wall

#782658 - 09/14/12 08:24 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

N
Needle saving--needles are quite expensive

#782799 - 09/16/12 06:20 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

O
Organize all the women folk to have a plan of support and secret signals for help when needed.

#782974 - 09/17/12 03:47 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

P
Pork Curing in the Smokehouse

#782978 - 09/17/12 03:51 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Q
Quill Collecting for a winter project

#783022 - 09/17/12 05:17 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

R
Reap the wheat, barley & rye for the next beer brewing

#783153 - 09/18/12 07:27 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

S
Sampling the Brew

#783163 - 09/18/12 08:06 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

T
Tailoring old blankets into uniforms - gotta know who's on what team when the time comes

Edited by Beetlemess (09/18/12 08:06 PM)

#783169 - 09/18/12 08:16 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

U
Underwear Mending - gonna to be a cold winter, gotta get those long-johns in shape

#783270 - 09/19/12 07:49 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

V
Violin Tune Up - for the town dance

#783528 - 09/21/12 10:07 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

W
Wash up all the pots & pans

#783868 - 09/24/12 05:58 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

X
X-mark for signature - ne'er learned to read or write

#783870 - 09/24/12 06:04 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Z
Zany stories to keep the kids entertained

#783880 - 09/24/12 06:17 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

Y
Yankee Doodle singing as a patriotic tune

now onto 'A'

#783891 - 09/24/12 06:29 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Sorry 'bout that little slip there.

A
Applique a quilt

#783897 - 09/24/12 06:33 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

B
Brain tan the deer hides - in the Native American traditional way

Edited by Beetlemess (09/24/12 06:33 PM)

#783914 - 09/24/12 07:10 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

C
Corn Grinding for meal or brew

#784016 - 09/25/12 03:34 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

D
Distribute flyers to neighbors offering yard/landscape/harvest services in exchange for ???

#784039 - 09/25/12 03:42 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

E
Evening Meals - for work done

#784040 - 09/25/12 03:44 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

F
Fiddle Lessons to the youngsters & have competitions at the Town Dances

#784042 - 09/25/12 03:51 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

G
Gathering the harvest before the first frost

#784056 - 09/25/12 04:24 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

H
Honing the Cutting Tools to make the harvest go smoothly, have a ready defensive weapon, & ready the turkey for the harvest feast.

#784062 - 09/25/12 04:38 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

I
Intending to get up earlier than usual to prepare for cooking the feast

#784071 - 09/25/12 05:26 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

J
Jerky Making in the Smoker

#784441 - 09/27/12 12:06 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Keeping the fire tended.

#784706 - 09/27/12 04:34 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

L
Lantern Signal Practice - want to make sure Paul Revere gets it right!

Edited by Beetlemess (09/27/12 04:35 PM)

#784736 - 09/27/12 07:47 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

M
Message Codes Along the Way for Paul Revere to Pass on to Others

#785235 - 09/29/12 10:20 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Nut gathering

#785238 - 09/29/12 10:24 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
Opening the house up and airing it out.
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

#785664 - 10/01/12 04:39 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

Q
Quickly shutting the doors & windows when the dog agitated a skunk out front

#785949 - 10/02/12 09:10 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Rowing across the lake to find acorns.

#786081 - 10/03/12 03:05 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

S
Slingshot target practice with the acorns for harassing 'Redcoats' or chasing skunks away

#786315 - 10/05/12 02:54 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
Turning the fields over for Fall.
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

#786363 - 10/05/12 05:28 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

U
Undercut the British merchants on pricing items *procured* from their poorly guarded vessels in the dockyards

#786599 - 10/07/12 02:35 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

V
Vandalizing the British vessels in the bay.

#786743 - 10/08/12 05:50 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

W
Whiskey Barrels converted into Rain Barrels

#786764 - 10/08/12 06:27 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

X
Xtra Efforts to gather what is left of berries, nuts, herbs, roots to dry for winter use

#786858 - 10/09/12 04:59 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

Y
Yawning at Town Meetings headed by the King's Representatives

#787531 - 10/12/12 05:53 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Zeroing in on the last of the crops to harvest.

#787706 - 10/14/12 02:33 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

A
All Colonists Meeting for Winter Preparation and Support

#787845 - 10/15/12 03:48 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

B
Black Powder re-distribution to prepare everyone with a musket for the coming encounters (& hunting, too)

#787885 - 10/15/12 05:38 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

C
Colony to Colony Code System to keep everyone informed of possible encounters.

#787904 - 10/15/12 06:31 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

D
Dredge the coastal harbors to permit Colony Shipping to hide from the King's vessels

#787913 - 10/15/12 06:58 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

E
Eat early so as to be ready for night activities.

#787919 - 10/15/12 07:15 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

F
Firewood splitting & stacking for warmth & signal fires

#787924 - 10/15/12 07:21 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

G
Geese Hunting - for roasting and feather beds

#787927 - 10/15/12 07:26 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

H
Hide provisions in caves & cellars

#787937 - 10/15/12 08:11 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

I
Inventory of all provisions and their hidden locations map in secret code

#787946 - 10/15/12 11:01 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
AKLisa- Knitting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
Journeying

always journeying around the area to see what available resources are available.

#787947 - 10/15/12 11:11 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

K
Keeping Home and Hearth Going

#788035 - 10/16/12 03:05 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

L
Launching newly constructed ships to prepare for harbor blockades

Edited by Beetlemess (10/16/12 03:06 PM)

#788565 - 10/19/12 07:26 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

M
Meandering through the town square to pick up any information pertinent to harbor activity

#788586 - 10/19/12 07:46 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

N
Nailing Continental Army recruitment posters to walls in the saloon latrines

#788587 - 10/19/12 07:51 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

P
Patriotic Promotional Gatherings

#788945 - 10/22/12 03:57 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

Q
Quail Hunting - for food on the table

#789075 - 10/23/12 05:31 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

R
Rifle Cleaning

#789101 - 10/23/12 02:46 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

S
Stack Firewood near the door

#789114 - 10/23/12 03:08 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

T
Turkey Watch -- gotta find some good fat ones for upcoming holiday suppers

#789118 - 10/23/12 03:27 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

U
Unearth some sweet potatoes for a delicious pie

#789129 - 10/23/12 03:48 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

V
Vegetable Harvesting

#789199 - 10/23/12 06:49 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

W
Welcome all contributions to the CAUSE!

Edited by Beetlemess (10/23/12 06:51 PM)

#789278 - 10/24/12 05:32 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

X
Xtra Location set-ups for hiding gun powder

#789344 - 10/24/12 06:02 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

Y
Yellow cloth to make 'Don't Tread On Me' Flags

#789356 - 10/24/12 06:24 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Z
Zeal for a democratically-elected representative government responsible to the will of the people

#789381 - 10/24/12 07:21 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

A
Acorns - collect lots of acorns; they make good slingshot ammunition to agigtate the 'Redcoats'

#789390 - 10/24/12 07:28 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

B
Bag and Pouch making for the Patriots to carry things in, like acorns

#789976 - 10/29/12 03:49 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

C
Careful planning and preparation for hurricanes. Prayers are with all my friends on the east coast.

#790378 - 10/31/12 06:48 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

D
Dams... Build dams to contain & hold back the seasonal water flow. Plus they make good jumps for sledding or free-running, unhitched wagons - Get Some Air!

#790414 - 10/31/12 07:45 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

E
Elated that you are ok and always creating/thinking even in the midst of harms way. Gotta find ways to have fun regardless of the situation .... right?

#790538 - 11/01/12 06:58 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

F
Feathers - to stick in cap when singing Yankee Doodle

#790567 - 11/01/12 07:35 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

G
Goulash - keeping a huge kettle of goulash going over fire pit for all Patriots on the move

#790600 - 11/01/12 08:23 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

H
Horns - collect from the local butcher & convert into powderhorns for the Continental Army

#790627 - 11/01/12 10:11 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

I
Inspirational meetings to keep colonists spirits up (Granpappy could probably help out with that, I am sure)

#790715 - 11/02/12 03:14 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

J
Jackets - lots of blue jackets because the Hessians wear red.

#791857 - 11/08/12 05:47 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

K
Kegs to store gun powder in

#791901 - 11/08/12 08:25 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

L
Lanterns fashioned from any scraps of metal can be obtained - legally or 'under the table'

#792023 - 11/09/12 06:21 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

M
Meats - smoke and preserve as much meat as possible for the winter months

Edited by PhyllisFolkMythAppalachia (11/09/12 06:22 PM)

#792031 - 11/09/12 06:55 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

N
Nut Collecting & Roasting - they really entice the holiday foods that will be coming out shortly

Edited by Beetlemess (11/09/12 06:55 PM)

#792089 - 11/09/12 08:40 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Mmmmm - roasted hazel nuts in the stuffing.

O
Oil the wheel axles on the wagons

#792555 - 11/13/12 08:21 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

P
Pots & Pans from the tinker for the encampment kitchen

next: 'Q'

#792816 - 11/15/12 07:20 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

Q
Quilts - lots of extras for the encampment sleep-overs

#792854 - 11/15/12 06:13 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

R
Rum Barrels - a little holiday anti-freeze does well for the morale of the freedom fighters

#793339 - 11/19/12 10:11 AM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

S
Syrup Making - for all the flapjacks the Patriots love to eat, butter dripping down the stack, along with good ol' maple syrup, oh my gosh! now I am so hungry for a stack of flapjacks....

#793359 - 11/19/12 02:00 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

T
Tricorne Hats - make a bunch - every Patriot needs a 3-cornered hat!

#793366 - 11/19/12 02:16 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]

U
Underground Tunnel maintenance for the freedom fighters to travel or reconnoiter in.

#793395 - 11/19/12 04:06 PM Re: Colonist Challenge Game [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Beetlemess Offline

V
Victory Flags - to account for the many times the British were repelled

Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Twitter Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Facebook Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to MySpace Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Colonist Challenge Game Add Re: Colonist Challenge Game to Yahoo My Web