Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Many women worry about starting a home party plan business. Perhaps they worry there aren't enough choices or that they have to focus on recruiting reps. The truth is a home party plan is what you make it and you can find a company to fit your needs.

Deciding to Become a Home Party Plan Consultant

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Nice article. What about market saturation with here companies? So often, by the time I hear about a company that has good products, there are already several reps in the area I live. I don't want to compete. It could be a really long time before I saw much profit.
On the other hand, I know someone who was one of the first reps in the local area for an MLM. It is supplying the biggest chunk of her retirement now, as she is making money off of all of the folks she signed up.
How can someone research the likelihood of longevity of an MLM and also know if they are likely to get going without competing?

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
There are still new companies opening up. Luckily a few are unique product wise or in how they allow you to promote your business. I've found that if your brand has too many reps perhaps you can work it online. Some companies are becoming online only and realize the value of selling online. Others have a harder time transitioning and you might not figure that out until you join just what type of limitations there will be.

As a rep I found a company I was very interested in that met a need I have and I know would meet the needs of others. Of course being the only rep in a large area has its drawbacks so it is good to consider growing a team to avoid too many long trips to get the product out there.

When I chose the two companies I was with, the thing I considered most was how many reps are there. Both companies have only been around for about two years and had approximately 500 reps. Many say once a company starts to go over 500 it grows in leaps and bounds. It is a good gauge for when to jump in.

If it will survive is hard to say. If it has too much competition, I'd be concerned. I see a slew of jewelry and candle companies. Luckily people still buy both and candles are somewhat consumable. Food is great because if the products are great, people will become repeat customers.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I hadn't thought of being the only rep in an area as being a drawback. That makes sense now that you mention it. I recently tried to contact one of the jewelry MLM's because i am interested in purchasing a few items. The nearest rep is about 100 miles south of me! I can order through her online, But what if I wanted to do a party? Talk about a pain and high gas costs!
The other tips are good ones. I wouldn't have guessed at the 500 sales rep marker. So, if I hear of a company I really like, I feel like I have a better idea now of how to gauge the opportunity.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Where can someone go to learn about companies that may not be in their own area yet? I was just thinking that to get in at about the 500 sales rep marker, I would need to know how to go and look for companies instead of a company looking for me. any suggestions?

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: AKLisa- Knitting Editor
Where can someone go to learn about companies that may not be in their own area yet? I was just thinking that to get in at about the 500 sales rep marker, I would need to know how to go and look for companies instead of a company looking for me. any suggestions?

Lisa, if you find a company you are interested in, visit their website and find their contact form or email. Contact them and ask them how many reps they have overall and if they can tell you how many active reps are in your area.

Some good sources for researching are:

Direct Sales Aid Review

Npros.com

The WAHM.com forum is helpful as well since it has forums for a number of direct sales rep companies. They are helpful in answering questions.

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.