Print Thread
#779324 08/26/12 09:15 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello all,

This 'joke' was sent to me recently, and while not new to many I am sure, it was to me and I got a smile so I thought I would send it on for others.

***************************************************************A newly-appointed-to-the-parish Pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners. At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door.

He then took out his priestly business card and wrote 'Revelation 3:20' on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday at church, he found that his card had been returned.

On the back someone had written this cryptic message, 'Genesis 3:10".

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter. Revelations 3:20 begins 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock.' Genesis 3:10 reads, 'I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid for I was naked.'

Lynne, I wonder if you or others can add to this business card process by noting your citations - you know, build up a biblical conversation of sorts? Or find other answers to this one reference from Revelations?

For instance, does anyone know where in the Bible an appropriate answer is to be found - something like "Come join our worship fully clothed whenever ..."

I shall give it more thought and see if I can come back too.

Anyway, at least get a smile from this I hope,

Cheers

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 08/26/12 09:21 AM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Lestie, thanks for the joke. I had heard- or read it -some time ago. It always brings a chuckle.

Quote:
For instance, does anyone know where in the Bible an appropriate answer is to be found - something like "Come join our worship fully clothed whenever ..."

I don't know where this would be found although I might remember a different translation.

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.