Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

A Schultuete, School Cone, filled with small goodies and given to a first grader on his or her first day at elementary school, is a German tradition which has been followed for generations, and is just as enthusiastically celebrated now, by both children and parents.

Perhaps it's a fun idea and new tradition for your own family, or an ideal gift for any soon to be 'First Graders' who you know.

How to Make a Schultuete, School Cone

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 08/10/12 07:19 AM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
-+- sniff -+- sniff -+-

I didn't get one of these back in my day, but would've loved having it completely filled with Gummi Bears. My maternal Grandmother was of German ancestry - Immigrated around the turn of the 20th Century - and I had never heard of this tradition.

Guess I'll have to start it with my grandchildren!

Ein Prosit!

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Wow Beetle, not fair, you missed out on your first grade Schultuete.

But how about this for an idea, if you make some for your Grand Kids, which will definitely make you an 'Ueber Opa' � Awesome Granddad...........and that is even better than a Olympic Gold Medal..........you can make one for yourself, but have someone else fill it with favorite 'Beetle' goodies, including those Gummy Bears of course.

In Germany the first day of Elementary School is MAGIC, so how is that for a prospect to make up for your childhood deprivation? Better late than never I say.

Did you happen to see the photo of the "Gummy Bear" dress in the article about them by the way? Am sure if I was as slim as the model featured would have started eating my way through it, and finished it before the end of the photo shoot..............mind you then there would have been no chance of being as slender as the model............Hmmm. whistle

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

No, I didn't see or hear of it until you mentioned.

Amazing - makes a whole new standard toward the edible lingerie industry. That would be a very heavy garment; both in weight & calories.

Yup! Just gonna have to go back to remedial First Grade just to get my own Schultuete.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.