logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
What can make the fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
My feeling is if the fragrance from soap stays on my skin, the soap has been over-fragranced.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I want it to stay on my skin too. Otherwise, why am i bothering with a scented soap? I want the nice smell to last. smile

C
C
Agreed! I don't really want to put anything on my skin that I can't put inside my body (ingredient-wise).

I use an organic [and fair trade] shea butter soap.

Carleen D Sanchez
Hispanic Culture
P
P
you should change your shop I think this is not good for your skin.

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I feel most products on the market are over-fragranced. I don't know how many times I walk by someone when I am shopping and whatever fragrance they are wearing is simply overwhelming.

Many work places do even allow people to wear fragrances because people have sensitivities and all that fragrance is too much for some people.

If you use a soap and can still smell it on yourself several hours later, it has been over-fragranced. Soap is meant for cleaning, not fragrancing.

If you want to smell nice after a shower, you can use a body mist or perfume. That's what those are for.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Jeanne, I totally understand! Overwhelming is not good, but there are times I walk past a person and they smell so good I wonder what they are wearing!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jeanne, I love your products, but i still disagree about the soap. smile

It is like the LUSH store. I adore walking in there and smelling everything. I can stay in there for hours smelling each soap and it's like a fun Disneyland for me. But i know some people can't even go near the store because of the overwhelming fragrance assault.

The fact that the store exists and succeeds as a franchise worldwide at least shows that some people want highly fragranced soaps. Yum, yum, yum. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 08/03/12 02:35 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
Jilly,

You are absolutely correct. There is a market for products with tons of fragrance in them. There is also a market for lightly fragranced or fragrance free items. I market to the second set of people. My products are decently scented (in my opinion) and I also carry a good array of fragrance free items.

In some stores, they allow people to sample perfumes and at times walking by those perfumes counters gives me a huge allergic reaction.

I walked into a Macy's, I think it was, and there were sales people with bottles of perfume spraying people. I practically yelled at them to not spray me. They didn't get it. Some people are sensitive or allergic to perfumes and you can randomly spray people. The perfume was already think in the air and I put my nose into my sleeve as I walked by. Can you imagine them spraying someone and that person having a serious allergic reaction?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I'm surprised that hasn't happened already.

I am just glad my sensory processing difficulties seem to exclude scent. Thankfully. I really dig scent around me. Candles, wax tarts, linen sprays, body sprays, scented oils, scented lotions, bath bombs, the whole shmeil.

Except on my face. I don't use fragranced cosmetics. Many fragrances are actually irritants and I want my completion as healthy as possible.

The rest of my body I consider fair dibs for scented goodies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Juliette-Fragrance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.