Next Thread
Print Thread
#774983 07/25/12 02:37 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Do you enter your knitting or other craft projects in your local fair? Do you find the feedback helpful? Has it been a good way to connect with other crafters in your community?
I haven't entered anything in my local fair for quite a few years. I think about it every year when it is too late to begin something.
Several knitters in my local area all plan to knit socks from the same pattern, and enter them in the fair, just to see what will happen. I heard about the fun too late to join in!
What has your fair entry experience been?

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I still haven't made any of the Cookie A monkey socks - the ones that some of the local knitters planning on making. I am going to look them all over enviously when I go to the fair and plan one project for myself to do to enter next year. since it will be my first entry for knitting, I think I will try to go with something small.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I went to our local fair and was really glad to see the quality of the knitting entires. There were several pairs of monkey socks, and some had been awarded prizes. The grand prize for the knitting division went to a lacey knit summer dress - very pretty!
I think I am going to enter some of my knitting projects next year - I have ideas for several patterns I want to write. I plan to put some of the project models in the fair - at least one pair of socks, a scarf a full garment such as a sweater, cardigan, dress etc.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Gecko
Gecko
I was honored to be chosen to co-judge the knitting at our county fair this year. It was amazingly fun. We tried to give good feedback, and it wasn't always easy. If I don't judge next year, I'll definitely enter something.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Did you learn as well from being a fair judge? It seems like having to think about feedback would get you to think about knitting in new ways.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Gecko
Gecko
I did, because you want to be clear on why you chose the way you did. And entrants to the fair are all pretty darn good examples of knitting.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
smile Hmmm, perhaps if I don't' enter next year, I should look into judging.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.