Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI, Betty6123
57305 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57306 Members
417 Forums
113276 Topics
803672 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 578
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 263
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 59
Dorcy 54
Nancy Roussy 53
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#299310 - 03/15/07 08:17 AM Cardiac problems?
Modern Woman Offline
Wolf

Loc: India
Do women tend to believe that they are less prone to heart problems?

Add Cardiac problems? to Twitter Add Cardiac problems? to Facebook Add Cardiac problems? to MySpace Add Cardiac problems? to Del.icio.us Digg Cardiac problems? Add Cardiac problems? to Yahoo My Web Add Cardiac problems? to Google Bookmarks Add Cardiac problems? to Stumbleupon Add Cardiac problems? to Reddit
#308328 - 04/20/07 03:27 PM Re: Cardiac problems? [Re: Modern Woman]
lsymonds Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
I don't think women are less prone to heart problems. I think whether you are a man or a woman you have to take care of your heart. Eating right and exercising is imporatant.

A study at Loma Linda, CA Drinking Water Helps Cut Heart Disease Rate found that not drinking enough water can increase a person's chances of heart disease.

Linda

Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Twitter Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Facebook Add Re: Cardiac problems? to MySpace Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cardiac problems? Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Reddit
#308334 - 04/20/07 03:30 PM Re: Cardiac problems? [Re: Modern Woman]
lsymonds Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
PS to my last post about drinking water and heart disease.

This article about the relationship between Chlorination of Water and Heart Disease is also pretty scary.

Linda

Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Twitter Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Facebook Add Re: Cardiac problems? to MySpace Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cardiac problems? Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cardiac problems? to Reddit
#320818 - 06/09/07 05:33 PM Re: Cardiac problems? [Re: lsymonds]
Tef Offline

cdmohatta -

Traditionally, women were less prone to heart disease compared to mens' statistics. But that has trended to now be about equal risk, male or female.

A lot of that has to do with the incidence of smoking among women, which will almost guarantee you an increased risk of heart disease.

And it also has to do with increased stress among women. Traditionally, women stayed at home or on the farm, not in the workforce. Since women have increased by droves in today's workforce, the incidence of heart disease has increased in the female population.

Interesting, huh?

#320921 - 06/10/07 06:30 AM Re: Cardiac problems? [Re: Tef]
das Offline
Gecko

Hormones have any role in cardiac problems?

#686283 - 05/13/11 09:20 AM Re: Cardiac problems? [Re: das]
pjleonard Offline

I think women are less prone to heart diseases. But regardless, one should really take care of his/her health.

#692135 - 06/02/11 03:33 AM Re: Cardiac problems? [Re: pjleonard]
Tanya5 Offline

Loc: Garland, Texas
Of course not..All we are the same, man or woman. We must take care of ourselves in daily life

#730545 - 12/13/11 07:54 AM Hospital in Sarjapur road [Re: Tanya5]
paste Offline

Dandruff is a common scalp disorder affecting almost half of the population at the pre-pubertal age and of any sex and ethnicity. In some cultures dandruff is considered aesthetically displeasing. [url=http://drlevinehospital.com/]Hospital in HSR[/url]

Add Hospital in Sarjapur road to Twitter Add Hospital in Sarjapur road to Facebook Add Hospital in Sarjapur road to MySpace Add Hospital in Sarjapur road to Del.icio.us Digg Hospital in Sarjapur road Add Hospital in Sarjapur road to Yahoo My Web Add Hospital in Sarjapur road to Google Bookmarks Add Hospital in Sarjapur road to Stumbleupon Add Hospital in Sarjapur road to Reddit
#776056 - 08/01/12 10:59 PM Re: Cardiac problems? [Re: Modern Woman]
bpchronicle Offline

I agree with the above post that more women being not only in the work force but in higher up positions. Meaning they have more stress than they ever did before. With stress the blood pressure goes up and so does heart disease risk. I read some where that dandelion greens are good for blood pressure and stress. Maybe I can remember by the end of this post. I also read some where that women are becoming the bigger bread winners of the house hold again more stress. More responsibility mores stress. As in the other posts diet and exercise the best way to combat this. (not big drug company drugs) OK I think you can find the dandelion article here. www.bpchronicle.com/blood-pressure-log.php

Edited by bpchronicle (08/01/12 11:33 PM)

Moderator:  healtheditor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New game - Quote it
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
26 minutes 30 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 05:21 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 05:20 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:19 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 05:17 PM
It's Halloween Time
Horror Movies
Today at 04:08 PM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Today at 01:14 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 01:05 PM
Weight Milestone Signs
Low Carb
Today at 01:04 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
Low Carb
Today at 01:02 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (ancientflaxman, Lisa - Buddhism), 84 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.