logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DeboraD Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
The electric bill is one of the biggest expenses you have every month. With simple tips, you can save money and energy. Take steps now to cut your bill by as much as 50%! Have other ways to save? Share them here and let the community benefit from your 'bright' ideas! [/url]

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
A lot of seniors now go to the mall or library during the day when they are open and it is safe to be there.

I use to think my mom (in her 80's) was strange when she started to do this when she retired in her 60's. She was still driving back then, but would either take the city bus or catch a ride with a friend. A bunch of them would car pool and make it a daily event. I don't know if she still does this as we have not remained in contact. Knowing her, I am sure she does smile

LOL, now I do the same thing when I am free with no errands or work (54) - it does help! Nothing like walking around and dreaming about what I can buy when I have some free cash = window shopping and getting in some exercise walking. With the library, that was my source for FREE internet when I was living with my ex-boyfriend. Now that I am staying with my daughter while I start over - she does have internet. So no more 1 hour 1/2 trips each way (3 hours total) to the library walking. But it was FUN and saved on having to buy gas for the car we were sharing or on the bus fare. I could have gone ahead and cut back in other areas and put in internet at home, but you cannot beat getting free internet while saving on the air conditioning or heat I would be using if I had stayed home.

Another thing she did and I now do - ceiling fans and closing off rooms you are not using. At my daughter's place I have two sets of towels at the bottom of two doors that the air conditioning is seeping out. LOL, she was not happy (the way I was not with my own mother) - but I told her as long as I am with her, I need to save cash so I can get my own place ASAP. I am splitting the electric bill with her and with living in Orlando, Florida - you can imagine the bill. Yikes!!!! She is at an age where comfort comes first over the bills. But I got a reprieve and we are doing it my way. Every penny saved goes towards my own place wink & she gets her privacy back.

Great question!

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 09/08/12 01:52 AM.

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.