Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
davmartin, vebuskeder, Ladybugz, LLTC, ethniccode
57298 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57298 Members
417 Forums
113263 Topics
803530 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 594
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 368
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 235
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 83
Nancy Roussy 59
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 53
Dorcie's 53
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#775788 - 07/31/12 08:42 AM fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin?
canadabeauty Offline

What can make the fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin?

Add fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Twitter Add fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Facebook Add fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to MySpace Add fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Del.icio.us Digg fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? Add fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Yahoo My Web Add fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Google Bookmarks Add fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Stumbleupon Add fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Reddit
#775804 - 07/31/12 12:30 PM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra

Loc: Miami, Florida
My feeling is if the fragrance from soap stays on my skin, the soap has been over-fragranced.

Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Twitter Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Facebook Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to MySpace Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Stumbleupon Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Reddit
#776186 - 08/02/12 11:56 PM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I want it to stay on my skin too. Otherwise, why am i bothering with a scented soap? I want the nice smell to last. smile

Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Twitter Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Facebook Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to MySpace Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Stumbleupon Add Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? to Reddit
#776189 - 08/03/12 12:28 AM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu]
Carleen-Hispanic Culture Offline

Agreed! I don't really want to put anything on my skin that I can't put inside my body (ingredient-wise).

I use an organic [and fair trade] shea butter soap.

#776244 - 08/03/12 10:41 AM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
PS DAIMA Offline

you should change your shop I think this is not good for your skin.

#776247 - 08/03/12 11:57 AM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra

I feel most products on the market are over-fragranced. I don't know how many times I walk by someone when I am shopping and whatever fragrance they are wearing is simply overwhelming.

Many work places do even allow people to wear fragrances because people have sensitivities and all that fragrance is too much for some people.

If you use a soap and can still smell it on yourself several hours later, it has been over-fragranced. Soap is meant for cleaning, not fragrancing.

If you want to smell nice after a shower, you can use a body mist or perfume. That's what those are for.

#776258 - 08/03/12 02:57 PM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
Jeanne, I totally understand! Overwhelming is not good, but there are times I walk past a person and they smell so good I wonder what they are wearing!

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#776309 - 08/03/12 06:27 PM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Jeanne, I love your products, but i still disagree about the soap. smile

It is like the LUSH store. I adore walking in there and smelling everything. I can stay in there for hours smelling each soap and it's like a fun Disneyland for me. But i know some people can't even go near the store because of the overwhelming fragrance assault.

The fact that the store exists and succeeds as a franchise worldwide at least shows that some people want highly fragranced soaps. Yum, yum, yum. smile

Edited by Jilly (08/03/12 06:35 PM)

#776323 - 08/03/12 07:47 PM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra

Jilly,

You are absolutely correct. There is a market for products with tons of fragrance in them. There is also a market for lightly fragranced or fragrance free items. I market to the second set of people. My products are decently scented (in my opinion) and I also carry a good array of fragrance free items.

In some stores, they allow people to sample perfumes and at times walking by those perfumes counters gives me a huge allergic reaction.

I walked into a Macy's, I think it was, and there were sales people with bottles of perfume spraying people. I practically yelled at them to not spray me. They didn't get it. Some people are sensitive or allergic to perfumes and you can randomly spray people. The perfume was already think in the air and I put my nose into my sleeve as I walked by. Can you imagine them spraying someone and that person having a serious allergic reaction?

#776347 - 08/03/12 11:08 PM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I'm surprised that hasn't happened already.

I am just glad my sensory processing difficulties seem to exclude scent. Thankfully. I really dig scent around me. Candles, wax tarts, linen sprays, body sprays, scented oils, scented lotions, bath bombs, the whole shmeil.

Except on my face. I don't use fragranced cosmetics. Many fragrances are actually irritants and I want my completion as healthy as possible.

The rest of my body I consider fair dibs for scented goodies.

#776349 - 08/03/12 11:44 PM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra

I can't use deodorants with fragrance in them. I will break out in a big rash.

As for the perfume sprayers in department stores, I was shocked they still randomly spray people in some stores. That's a huge opening for a lawsuit.

#799046 - 01/04/13 04:45 AM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: Jilly]
Nirmal Minhaj Offline

[quote=Jilly]I'm surprised that hasn't happened already. I am just glad my sensory processing difficulties seem to exclude scent. Thankfully. I really dig scent around me. Candles, wax tarts, linen sprays, body sprays, scented oils, scented lotions, bath bombs, the whole shmeil. Except on my face. I don't use fragranced cosmetics. Many fragrances are actually irritants and I want my completion as healthy as possible. The rest of my body I consider fair dibs for scented goodies. [/quote] Thanks...I also not use the fragrance cosmetics

#801829 - 01/21/13 02:54 AM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
Omily Offline
Jellyfish

It depends on what brand it is, but most soaps cannot keep fragrance for a long time. Maybe you can try perfume. smile

#858826 - 03/09/14 08:23 AM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
Handmade Natural Soaps Offline

I like aromas in all the products, for instance, soaps, lotions, bath salts etc. Fragrance is also present in essentials oils like lavender which is splendid, so I simply love lavender soaps and lotions

#878680 - 09/29/14 04:15 AM Re: fragrance in my soaps remain on the skin? [Re: canadabeauty]
riyash Offline

I want it to stay on my skin too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Juliette-Fragrance 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
First Letter-Last Letter
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Name a Classic Toy Game
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Creativity
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
I went NUTS last week!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Home Cooking
Yesterday at 10:24 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Yesterday at 07:00 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Comedy Movies
Yesterday at 05:39 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Yesterday at 05:36 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Yesterday at 05:36 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Yesterday at 05:10 PM
Craigslist Buying and Selling Tips
Home Finance
Yesterday at 05:09 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (davmartin), 139 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.