Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Chapter 8 - Sex: The Biggest Demon in Hell

"...everything, is perfect just the way it is. Life doesn�t need to be justified or judged; without us, it keeps going the way it is. If you put humans in that creation, but take away the ability to judge, you will find we are exactly like the rest of nature."

Ruiz uses this chapter to explain why sex is natural and does not need to be judged or justified.

Later on, he reminds us that we are Life and not the body that we judge.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This chapter has always been the most difficult chapter for me to accept. I apparently have hang ups about sex and sexual attraction. So, this is a chapter I really would love to discuss.

I found myself thinking, "Ruiz is a man and that is why he takes this stance." I indulged in the very judgement he speaks of.

What is your interpretation of the chapter?
Do you agree with Ruiz?
What did you think?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Yvonnie:

I use to have hang ups too when I was younger, but now in my 50's I have come to realize that it can be awesome with the right person. LOL, now I await the right person. Next month will celebrate one year of choosing not to sleep around in spite of having to walk away from someone I use to care about. Now that comes with age and knowing your insides. I now tell my daughter to make sure that she is okay with herself when she gets up from wherever she had sex/lol. She is now 25, my only child - but growing up in a culture (Jamaican) where you just did not talk about sex, I was determined to bring her up with knowledge and then trust she would make the right choice for herself. And add a very controlling mother into the mix, again - I do slip up at times but working on not becoming like my mother. It only drives your child away.

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 09/03/12 12:13 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My mother always taught me that same idea Angela. She'd say, before you decide that it is okay to have sex with anyone, be certain that you will be okay with you in the morning."

That said, there were so many taboos attached to sex when I was younger that I think I never quite owned the pleasure. I saw it as a tool for control.

OMG, that's a revelation for me, (I saw it as a tool for control). I still see it that way and that is where my hang ups come from.

I've never been able to see it as an instinct. In fact, I think I was only able to truly enjoy sex, no hang ups, with one person. And now that I think about it, I realize that it was because I felt no threat of him trying to control me.

Now, I have to go back and re-read this chapter.

See, Bellaonline's forums are the perfect therapy.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Yvonnie:

With me, I thought sex mean't love/lol.

Finally figured out that a guy could have sex with you, tell you he loves you - shower, get dress and go have sex with another woman and tell her the same thing.

Now I choose when and if I am going to have sex. With me, it has to be "special" - mutual respect. Yikes, the term "making love" - no longer in my dictionary. Sorry, but over the knight in shining armor.

What gives me hope is running across women my age and older who are on their 3rd husband - while being married one time was enough for me - I so admire them not giving up. One told me the "3rd time was the charm" - to this day she keeps me giggling. Because of her, I had the strength to leave my ex after Jeremiah left. Yes, Jeremiah (the dog/lol) running away was my sign to exit - but life was staring me in my face. Like, you gave up your apartment you had for 14 years to move in with Mr. Wonderful/lol - now exactly where do you plan on living. Well, I knew I did not want to stay in his state and see him with someone else although he kept denying someone existed - never trusted men! Next life question - money???? Yes, stupid me had been stressing out over keeping the lights and water on, while Mr. Wonderful could not care less as long as he had his weed and alcohol. Poor Jeremiah, I had to make sure I bought food for him to eat. While I miss my little friend, I am so glad he took off to a better life!!!

Hugs,

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 09/03/12 04:44 PM.
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I agree with Don Miguel that sex is a natural process, but you have to keep in mind what he keeps saying about how we�re living in Hell. And all sorts of bad things can happen when you mix the two. We have to be careful, and if that means "moral" then so be it!

Here is my favorite quote from the chapter:

��you are not what you believe you are�you are not the dream�you are not the mind�you are not the soul either�what you are is a force�.�

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.