Next Thread
Print Thread
#260629 07/26/06 05:54 AM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Do not know whether posted in correct section but would appreciate any help.

I have a friend, who I like very much and her and her husband and my husband often go out for dinners. She is nice when we are together but she always jokes or says which is true that she has no friends.

I am starting to find out why, as I have befriended her as I like her but she has a habit of rubbishing me to any one who is around.

What causes a person to admit they have no friends yet enjoy rubbishing people...........

Really appreciate any comments.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#260630 07/26/06 10:37 AM
Zebra
Zebra
Hello, toetapping,

One reason people rubbish others is to make themselves feel better. It's a defense mechanism. If they point out your faults then maybe nobody will notice theirs.

By saying "I have no friends" she is getting attention and interest and sympathy from other people.

To go a little further, she doesn't feel worthy of having friends (Possibly childhood issues here) and has an image of herself as "friendless" so she creates situations where that is true. If you believe something about yourself, even if it's wrong, you will create it.

Hope this helps.

#260631 07/27/06 12:09 AM
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Hi BellaDeb.

I truly appreciate your answer. It helps me understand her now as I am her only friend and I am trying to be one to her.

There is that old saying. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them
but you always know they are there.
toetapping #772537 07/11/12 06:43 AM
T
T
a good friend is a one who nevers gets in ur way unless u happening to be going down. now i dont remember exactly who said this but it is a quotation actually. anyways, its a defence mechanism - true. humans are the most complex psychological thing ever being created by nature. i recommend dont these things to ur heart and try to give the best u can to ur frnd. thats sums up everythng. just keep ur conscience contended that u did the best for ur frnd. Hope it helps!

toetapping #775161 07/27/12 03:59 AM
B
B
ya good friends always help in opposite situation .i love my friends.

toetapping #905073 01/01/16 04:44 PM
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Saying that people like that do that as a defense mechanism is like when people say of bullies that they do that because they have no self-confidence. It is just excuses. People like that friend are just mean, that's it. I have a ton of problem and yet I have never been mean to anyone who was not mean to me or anyone else. I have a depression, anxiety and stress but I still have a conscience and empathy. I know that hurting innocent people would make me a monster and it will not solve any of my problems.

My suggestion to toetapping is to get rid of that so-called friend. It is better to have no friend than to have friends like that.

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.