#770061 06/25/12 09:49 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Does anyone belong to a development circle? Any tips you can share about finding one?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
In the UK the local Spiritualist Temples and Churches usually have their own development circles, as do many Pagan gatherings and covens. You could always contact The Spiritualist Association of Great Britian and ask them if they have contacts, or the equivalent, in the US.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Hi Lori
My experience is that the best connections tend to come word of mouth on these- not many people advertise them openly. If you know anyone local who is interested in these things have a chat to them, or try asking in a local crystal/incense/new age type shop.

When you find one ask if you can visit once to test the water as they have varied vibes. You'll know when you find a group of people and a teacher you feel comfortable with.

As an aside I wonder if I could run a 'virtual circle' on Facebook or similar as a private group? Let me know if you are interested.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Yes, you're right about the varied vibrations. I'm glad you mentioned that because it reminds me to use my intuition versus my head. For example, I attended a workshop with 30 people who were complete strangers to me but the room was filled with a very positive energy. Then, a woman sat next to me and she had a weird vibration. I felt it and didn't say anything. She got up and moved a seat away from me. I overheard her talking to another person and she was quite negative. I thought to myself, "Oh, she must not like me. But maybe that is a good thing."

Another woman across the room had bloodshot eyes and seemed very, very down. I felt sorry for her. Some of the attendees were just bubbly and upbeat with a very playful attitude as though this were all a fun game. Others more grounded but were open to expanding awareness.

This was a class and not a true development circle though.

I had walked into shops and classes where the vibration was dark and heavy. There is a well-known center in the next city and I attended a fair there once. While I was drawn to development, I cannot make myself go to that location. I get this distinct feeling that the place is filled with many errant spirits roaming around. I am not afraid. They are not necessarily dark or harmful. But still, I must not resonate with that location.

I would be very interested in an virtual circle. Can you share some details? You can PM me if you like. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
uhm, I feel silly asking this, but what exactly is a development circle? It sounds like it is some sort of group with the common goal of raising each other up, but it seem alike there may be some more specific definition. Sorry if the question seems stupid, but this isnt' a term I am familiar with.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
It's a term for psychic or spiritual development circle. Usually run by an experienced psychic or medium to develop and practice skills such as Tarot, mediumship, clairvoyance, in others. Much as Witches covens and other Pagan groups do, but with more a 'New Age' approach.

Hope that helps

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Good definition Ian. If I do an online version it would be Spiritual Development as the main focus rather than mediumship. I think you need to physically find a circle to sit in for that. There is also another question worth asking:

Is this an 'open circle' or a 'closed circle'?

Open circles let anyone come along, closed are by invitation of the facilitator only. My preference for physical circles are closed ones for the reasons about vibes we've discussed. You need to feel safe to 'open up' psychically when you sit in circle and if the people there keep changing it is hard to do.

I'll start a Private group on Facebook as a trial and people can PM me for a chat if they want to join. I can set a weekly task and people can feed back their experiences.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Thanks for clearing that up!

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
The Touchstones Spiritual Development Circle is live on Facebook now. It is a closed group which means you'll need to 'friend me' on there and then send me a message to join. The intention is that it will be a safe space for people to discuss their spiritual experiences & I'll post exercises for your development too.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.