Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI, Betty6123, nigarnigar
57304 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57305 Members
417 Forums
113270 Topics
803627 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 576
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 247
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 82
Nancy Roussy 56
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 55
Dorcy 54
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#771464 - 07/05/12 11:33 AM Basketweave washcloth pattern
AKLisa- Knitting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
I have several family members that request hand knit wash cloths for Christmas each year. My favorites are made from durable yet soft worsted weight cotton in a single color with a lot of texture for extra cleaning power.

I have added a basketweave washcloth pattern for those who find themselves needing to knit up wash cloths, whether for themselves or a gift. This one is made up of all knit and purl stitches.

Knit Basketweave Washcloth

I hope you enjoy!

I am working on more patterns to post on the site, including toddler socks, lace scarves, fingerless gloves and more wash cloths. Let me know how the basket weave washcloth pattern works out for you, or if there are any patterns you would look to see on the knitting site here at BellaOnline.

Edited by AKLisa- Knitting Editor (07/05/12 12:19 PM)

Add Basketweave washcloth pattern to Twitter Add Basketweave washcloth pattern to Facebook Add Basketweave washcloth pattern to MySpace Add Basketweave washcloth pattern to Del.icio.us Digg Basketweave washcloth pattern Add Basketweave washcloth pattern to Yahoo My Web Add Basketweave washcloth pattern to Google Bookmarks Add Basketweave washcloth pattern to Stumbleupon Add Basketweave washcloth pattern to Reddit
#776627 - 08/06/12 07:03 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

The latest washcloth pattern is a shell lace stitch pattern. Here is the link:

Shell Lace Washcloth Pattern

Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Twitter Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Facebook Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to MySpace Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Stumbleupon Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Reddit
#776640 - 08/06/12 09:14 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
Alice - Horror Lit Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Colorado
I don't knit (yet) but a washcloth sounds easy. I don't like the store bought washcloths. Are these very durable?

Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Twitter Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Facebook Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to MySpace Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Stumbleupon Add Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern to Reddit
#776660 - 08/07/12 12:38 AM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Mine have lasted through scrubbing up some really tough pots and pans. If you are new to knitting, try the simple bias knit washcloth http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art67293.asp
If it is for the kitchen you may want to make it a little smaller than the 10" in the pattern - they stretch a bit.
Lion Cotton yarn will work for these patterns, and in my experience it lasts a little bit longer than the Sugar n Cream.

#776748 - 08/07/12 06:04 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
Alice - Horror Lit Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Colorado
Thanks. That sounds like an easy, tv watching project. I always have to be multi-tasking and this sounds perfect for my skills (or lack of).

#777085 - 08/09/12 10:54 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

The latest feature in the wash/dishcloth pattern is a staggered parallelogram washcloth. This is a simple to knit pattern made of knit and purl stitches:
Staggered Parallelogram Washcloth Pattern

#779429 - 08/27/12 12:08 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
I love dishcloth patterns. Thanks for posting this.

I give them as baby shower gifts too. You can make them is pastels which are cute for a baby and it means even more that you made it.

I made a dishcloth for my mom and she put it under a vase on her coffee table as a decoration. I told her it was ok to just use it for dishes but she didn't want to. She liked seeing it there tho on the coffee table

#781873 - 09/10/12 07:28 AM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Thanks for the support!
I like the baby shower idea smile

#782106 - 09/11/12 06:32 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
joanj Offline
Koala

Have you ever knitted a washcloth in the round? I just saw a cute pattern of a washcloth shaped like an open flower with the petals and all. It was in a book called Weekend Knitter.

#782337 - 09/12/12 11:59 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

I haven't tried that - and the pattern sounds cute! I will have to check out the book sometime! anyone else ever knitted a washcloth in the round?

#782745 - 09/15/12 03:38 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
joanj Offline
Koala

I never thought if it until I saw that pattern.

#783515 - 09/21/12 06:45 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
MargeKnits Offline
Gecko

Loc: USA-CA
This is the one that is most popular when I am asked for one.
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

#786523 - 10/06/12 01:23 PM Re: Basketweave washcloth pattern [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

I was a little surprised at how often I would get asked to make washcloths for people. I guess it sort of makes sense since you don't see mass produced knitted washcloths, and they are small fast projects that wouldn't be a huge burden to make up. Each of the texture types gives the cloth a different cleaning ability. Open lace is scrubbyish, more solid raised patterns are absorbent and almost towel like (personally I like those for my face).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  AKLisa- Knitting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
How to Use the Internet to Job Search
by Dianne W - Editor
Job Search
59 minutes 18 seconds ago
Volcano Movie Review
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
Today at 10:11 AM
Gold Jewelry/Silver Jewelry?
by Sophia5141
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 10:03 AM
What Is Space Weather? *new article*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 07:20 AM
The Challenge of Aging Wine
by Peter - Wine
Wine
Today at 05:28 AM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Peter - Wine
Low Carb
Today at 05:04 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by "Rosie"
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:28 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:25 AM
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
Today at 04:20 AM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Dorcy
Home Finance
Today at 12:29 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Dianne W - Editor), 72 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.