Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Tina Tourist, Indian55, aambroise, PTaylor, riyash
57021 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57022 Members
417 Forums
112575 Topics
796038 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 830
Beetlemess 641
Karm - SW USA Editor 355
Nancy Roussy 178
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 134
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 122
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 120
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 114
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 106
Linu 93
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#769516 - 06/21/12 08:04 PM Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers [Re: Cassandra - Body Image Ed]
Encore DT Offline
Gecko

Originally Posted By: Cassandra - Body Image Ed
Do you think that mother's play a role in how body image for women develop?

Read my article and discuss how your mother felt about her body. Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers

There is plenty of research to support the fact that mothers play an integral role in shaping the body image of their daughters, as well as how secure they are in everyday life. Depending on how much support and nurturing we receive from the day we're born to, at least, teen years, lagely dictates how secure we end up being in our adult years.

Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Twitter Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Facebook Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to MySpace Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Stumbleupon Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Reddit
#769702 - 06/23/12 04:17 AM Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers [Re: ExerciseEditor]
Cassandra - Body Image Ed Offline

Loc: Ann Arbor Michigan
Hi Connie,

The comments about Adelle being dumped because of her weight was a perfect time to tell them that Halle Barry,Jennifer Lopez, Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe and many other female celebrities have been in multiple failed relationships and they are supposed to be some of the most beautiful women in the world.

This was a great chance to inform that how a woman looks on the outside is not a determining factor of whether or not she will be in a healthy and happy relationship--there are so many other factors that determine the success of any relationship.

Additionally, this was a good opportunity to ask them whether or not men are look at the same way when their relationships fail. Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson recently divorced is it because of their appearance?

When we as adults hear children saying insensitive and mean things about others, I think it is our moral duty to intervene, how else are children going to learn to think and act differently?

Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Twitter Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Facebook Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to MySpace Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Stumbleupon Add Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers to Reddit
#770111 - 06/26/12 02:36 PM Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers [Re: Cassandra - Body Image Ed]
laurakimconnell Offline

Your article has some wonderful suggestions and a girl's body image is absolutely influenced by her mother. The problem is we cannot separate the media's and mother's influence because media is also affecting mom! Before I decided to completely accept myself and my body I used to do silly things like remove half the bread from the burger before I ate it to reduce carbs. When my daughter was about 5 I noticed her start to do this too and I realized how important it is for me to lead by example. I think it's even ok to be neutral about your body. If you aren't really feeling great about your body, you don't have to lie and say you are but just don't criticize it. Knowing the truth about the way the media manipulates us also helps. If it helps, here is a post I wrote on the topic: [url=http://blog.crchealth.com/2012/06/25/3-big-lies-the-media-tells-that-increase-bad-body-image/]CRC Health Blog[/url] 3 Big Lies the Media Tells that Increase Bad Body Image

Edited by laurakimconnell (06/26/12 02:40 PM)

#771375 - 07/04/12 04:25 PM Re: Body Image for Women Shaped by Mothers [Re: Cassandra - Body Image Ed]
Ice land Offline
Jellyfish

I agree with the five tips to help mothers promote healthy body images for their daughters. Though I'm not married, but if I have a daughter in the future, I will follow your advice. Thanks for your article!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Nadine - Body Image 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What kind of formal accessories does women prefer?
by kangtuo
Women's Fashion
1 second ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Contests & Sweepstakes
30 minutes 46 seconds ago
Replace one word... (new game)
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Comedy Movies
32 minutes 40 seconds ago
Fashion Tips for Skinny Girls
by kangtuo
Women's Fashion
Today at 10:07 PM
unusual findings, charms are hard to find
by kangtuo
Jewelry Making
Today at 10:01 PM
Shrimp Salad with Cannellini Beans Recipe
by Cinzia - Italian Food
Italian Food
Today at 09:54 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Today at 09:47 PM
Mount Bromo – The Jewel of East Java
by Tina Tourist
Southeast Asia
Today at 07:53 PM
Favorite Travel Destinations?
by Tina Tourist
Luxury Travel
Today at 07:52 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 07:26 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (kangtuo), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.