logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#770545 06/29/12 08:03 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
"What is a grit?" The perennial question asked by so-called comedians looking for a laugh at the expense of a large portion of the population of the United States. Of course, the real answer to that question is: a bi-monthly magazine, which descended from a newspaper sold by boys, recruited through advertisements in comic books. Now, if you are interested in Southern culture and cuisine, a better question to ask would be: "What are grits?"

Here's the answer.

Grits

Nick Greene
Southeast USA
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I often wondered what they were! I'm from England originally, so I've encountered a few new foods since moving over here. Grits sound interesting - I'm going to give them a try.

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hi Grace,

Welcome to the US (though, I imagine my welcome is long past due smile ). I hope you do give grits a try. They are great for breakfast. Also, if you make it down to South Carolina, try our famous shrimp and grits. Quite delicious.

I'm rather adventurous when it comes to food and I love trying dishes from all around the world.

I haven't made it to England yet, though I've been to Scotland, hopefully one of these days. My daughter's college roommate this past year was from England, but attends school in Scotland at Aberdeen. She's a lovely young lady. Hopefully, Karen will be able to visit her while she studies in France this semester.

I'll be visiting your site as well. I love mysteries and SF/Fantasy. Many years ago, on the old online service Delphi, I ran a forum called Murder Online. I've been very fortunate to meet and correspond with a number of writers.

Nick Greene
Southeast USA
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I love to try shrimp and grits at different places. I thijnk that right now my favorite is Charleston Crab House on James Island. Tell us where you like to eat shrimp and grits.

Nick Greene
Southeast USA

Moderated by  Cynthia - Southeast USA 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.