Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Uzzal Hossain, tmelton, Calypso, ninahaska, ovinovin7
56556 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56557 Members
417 Forums
111412 Topics
785857 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 275
Nancy Roussy 172
loongdragon 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 140
Rosie 66 140
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 97
Lestie4containergardens 56
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 54
Mona - Astronomy 48
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#743735 - 01/31/12 05:13 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
Margaret_L Offline

Loc: New England {Boston area}
my name is Margaret

i read romance mystery books like nora roberts

last year i bought a color nook

**NEW USERS ARE NOT TO ADD ANY LINKS/URLS TO THEIR POSTS!!

Edited by Sadhana - Indian Food (07/24/13 01:52 PM)

Add Re: Member Intros to Twitter Add Re: Member Intros to Facebook Add Re: Member Intros to MySpace Add Re: Member Intros to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Member Intros Add Re: Member Intros to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Member Intros to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Member Intros to Stumbleupon Add Re: Member Intros to Reddit
#765850 - 06/01/12 08:29 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
plovestoread Offline

Hi everyone! My name is Patti and I'm addicted to reading =) I love romance, vampires, and vampire romance..

Add Re: Member Intros to Twitter Add Re: Member Intros to Facebook Add Re: Member Intros to MySpace Add Re: Member Intros to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Member Intros Add Re: Member Intros to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Member Intros to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Member Intros to Stumbleupon Add Re: Member Intros to Reddit
#765871 - 06/02/12 02:15 AM Re: Member Intros [Re: plovestoread]
rombookshost Offline
Parakeet

Loc: U. S.
Welcome, Patti!

#767456 - 06/10/12 07:03 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
Claire Howe Offline

Hi Elizabeth, nice to hear more about you. I've just joined the forum myself. I love all the Outlander series too though I must confess I didn't get into the last one as much as the previous books - maybe wasn't in the right frame of mind or something... I have a weakness for Regency romance, love Jane, Georgette etc. Have just bought and read an ebook (don't hate me!) called &quot;Losing Arabella&quot; by Claire Blaney which I thoroughly enjoyed and can recommend if you fancy a light read set in that period. Good luck with getting published - have you thought about publishing yourself online? It seems to have worked well for E.L.James... :lovers:

Edited by Claire Howe (06/10/12 07:04 PM)

#767461 - 06/10/12 08:12 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: Claire Howe]
rombookshost Offline
Parakeet

I remember reading Regencies way back when I was in high school--all the Heyers, etc.

Did you know, Claire, that Gabaldon is currently writing the final book in the Outlander series now? It's due out next year. I'm going to miss that series dreadfully--love Jamie!

I have a lot of friends who enjoy their e-books, I just prefer to have an actual paper book in my hand. <g> So no hating there. lol

I have not considered self-pubbing. My agent is shopping one of my mss. around now, and I have confidence in her. :-)

#770383 - 06/28/12 11:34 AM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
Claire Howe Offline

Ahh Jamie - I know - wouldn't you just love to meet him! I shall have to read the final book then - but will be very sad if Jamie and Claire get killed off! Yes, I'm generally a paper fan myself - just started working part-time in the library -heaven! Best of luck with your book I'm sure you will get it picked up - I think the most important thing for a writer is to be a reader so you should be well placed..

#813711 - 03/28/13 10:09 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
Candy Roberts Offline

Hey everyone! I'm Candy, and I'm an aspiring historical romance author. I also LOVE classic literature (Jane Austen, Bronte sisters, Elizabeth Gaskell, etc.) I have roughly two or three Gothic romance novels in line to be written so far (A Search for Redemption and Lord of the Captive), and one about the Titanic (An Ill-Fated Journey) and possibly even more to come! I hope to get involved in medieval romance as well, if I can get some good research on the time period. Lately I've lacked motivation due to the fact that I can't seem to stomach any criticism, which annoys me to no end. I feel so anxious anytime someone reviews my writing, and I really need to work on learning to accept it. I know there are people who will hate my writing, but that there are people who say they like it too. That's about all for now. :)

#813813 - 03/29/13 12:06 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
rombookshost Offline
Parakeet

Welcome, Candy!

Who are some of your favorite historical romance authors? Any who have inspired your writing?

#814022 - 03/30/13 02:29 PM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
Candy Roberts Offline

Thank you! My favorite historical romance authors are Lisa Shea and Julie Klassen :) Julie Klassen has several regency romances, including one Gothic style one called Maid of Fairbourne Hall. She also has a regency romance called The Girl in the Gatehouse. I would say both have inspired me, but mostly Lisa Shea and some classic authors, especially Emily and Charlotte Bronte. Oh, there's also Joan Ellen Delman and Helen Halstead, who have both written their own sequels to Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

Edited by Candy Roberts (03/30/13 02:31 PM)

#816314 - 04/12/13 07:48 AM Re: Member Intros [Re: rombookshost]
MarkFichara Offline

This could be a nice area to post my introduction friends. I am Mark and just joined this forum to share some good stuff with you all the existing members of this board. Have a good times.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Ten Healthy Substitutions When Baking
by Michelle -Chocolate
Chocolate
32 minutes 1 second ago
Soup du jour
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Sandwiches
Today at 04:30 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 02:34 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 02:31 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 02:27 AM
Frugal Sewing Basics
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:16 AM
How to Thread a Sewing Machine
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:14 AM
How to Read a Sewing Pattern
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:11 AM
Learn to Sew a Table Runner
by John Alexander
Sewing
Today at 01:07 AM
The Goddess
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Spirituality
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Mona - Astronomy), 58 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.