Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#711676 08/31/11 11:01 AM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Do enjoy the article Dark Marks on Ethnic Skin

Wondering if you�ll ever have skin that�s not marred? Below are a few fade creams that may help:

Fade creams
� Ambi� Discoloration fade cream
� Palmer�s Skin Success
� Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
� Ultra Glow Skin Tone Cream

Doctor Prescribed Fade creams
� Alustra - contains 4% hydroquinone and retinol to boost collagen
� Glyquin XM - contains 4% hydroquinone as well as moisturizing agents
� Lustra-AF - contains 4% hydroquinone and moisturizing agents, sunscreen, and Vitamins A, C & E
� Tri-Luma - a prescription cream that can only be used for a period of time because it contains a topical steroid

Below, I've listed Makeup that may be used while treating dark marks on skin (foundations, powders and concealers):

� Avon - Healthy Makeup Cream to Powder Foundation with SPF 15
� Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer � for lighter skin tones
� Iman Cosmetics � Makeup & Skincare for Women of Color, from the lightest to the darkest. (I like this line!)
� Prescriptives - Virtual Skin Makeup
� Shisheido - matches a range of Asian skin
� Shu Uemura - foundation matches a range of Asian skin
� MAC - face or body Foundation, emulsion or powder-based formulas
� Mary Kay� - makes a range of foundations that come in many formulas

Last edited by AprilAlisaMarquette; 08/31/11 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
The one thing about foundation, personally, is that they don't provide all day coverage and tend not to give a natural look. You should check out some bb creams that use all natural ingredients because these types usually are combined with ingredients that also help to whiten or lighten your skin.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
BRT, some people feel as you do; while others have found great foundations, those that match their skin tone, look natural and provide the level of coverage needed. I happen to be a fan of mineral/powder foundations, especially the ones made using natural ingredients.

I'm all for creams that will help even out one's skin tone too; by that I mean, I believe in creams that will fade unsightly dark marks, over time.

I must say this though... I do not however, believe in whitening or lightening one's skin all over. It can be unsafe, and can further expose an ethnic beauty to UV rays and other skin damage. Taken care of properly, ethnic skin -- dark or light -- can be most beautiful, and fortunately, many ethnic people already possess a natural, sun-kissed glow. The use of makeup and fade creams should only enhance this.

The important thing is to be safe, and healthy.

Thanks for your comment!

Last edited by AprilAlisaMarquette; 06/23/12 11:23 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
April, what is the difference in foundations that can be used with dark spot fade creams? How are they different than other foundations? Can mineral powder makeup be used with fade creams?

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Lisa,

That is a very good question. I have used foundation with dark spot fade cream and had great results. You've given me homework though...I will find out about foundations made specifically for use with fade creams. The ingredients in the foundation -- I would think -- would not counteract those in the fade cream. We will see.

I know for a fact that mineral powder can be used while using fade cream. The cream acts as a base, that will help correct blemish issues, while the powder is dusted over it to aid you to look your best as you are correcting/enhancing your skin. As one who is acne prone, I have had to do this many times, with great results.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Okay Lisa,

Foundations made specifically for use with fade creams are typically oil-free and seem to offer a bit more coverage than say... a tinted moisturizer or a sheer foundation. They are made this way to minimize the look of fading scars/dark marks, age spots and pesky redness. It seems many people love...

Clinique's even better makeup with SPF 15 paired with the spot corrector, both are made for all ethnicities.

Ambi fade cream is another one to try, which works well on skin of color. The lotion is lovely with a pretty scent and seems to have flecks of barely there sparkle in it.

Many of you know I love Fashion Fair too. This cosmetics manufacturer's mantra is 'begin with beautiful skin. They offer a whole line of toners, shine control products, exfoliators and the Vantex� True Tone Spot Corrector with lovely ingredients such as white mulberry, Vitamin C and wheat germ extract.

I have also used the Neutrogena Skinclearing Oil-free foundation it has microclear which treats blemishes and helps to prevent breakouts.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Oh, that makes sense! Thank you!

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Z
Z
wash your body parts 2-3 times in a day with cold water and use a good cream provide by the doctor.

S
S
I've tried many creams to get rid of my scars and marks, but so far the best one I've found is the pigmentation fader by pH advantage, it also makes the skin glow and much brighter!

NOTE: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!

Last edited by Sadhana - Indian Food; 02/26/13 12:32 PM.
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Hi Sunflower 2014! Glad to have you posting. I saw your question about UBB Code.

New forum members are not allowed to use urls in their posts. This helps BellaOnline eliminate spammers in the forums.

After a person is an established poster, they may use urls. The forum guidelines on the right can tell you more about it.

Last edited by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches; 02/26/13 12:30 PM.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.