Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I've recently posted an article on Round Robins that are becomming the craze in quilting circles. These were about in the 80's and I participated in serveral over a few years. I had good experiences and not so good experiences.

I loved the beautiful work that my co-rounders had taken the time with, and the lovely colors that set off my centre block really well. I didn't appreciate the fluro yellow on the border of my applique rose and pink themed centre block.

Tell us about your experiences with Round Robins.

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Hello Everyone I have participated in a few Round Robins and the worst experience I had was when a Quilt I was working on went missing after I posted it, never to be found. I felt for the person who had made the first block and the two people before me who had contributed borders also. A word of warning always courier and get tracking on quilts sent, if this had been in the rules it would have made the tracing of the parcel a whole lot easier, as it was I felt guilty and the other people were frustrated. However on the whole I have had quite positive experiences when doing R/R 3 lovely quilts and one not so good... an Amish type with a purple that faded into the black background used by a person that didn't step back to look at the colour choice Anyways I say go for it you never know what you will get and you can learn new techniques and colour choices lots of surprises normall

G
G
Hi fellow BellaOnliners. I haven't participated in an online round robin but several years ago I participated in one within our local guild. I wasn't a very experienced quilter at the time but the group of ladies that were in the round robin were patient with me and offered lots of suggestions after we had our unveiling.

I am thinking about joining one of the online groups, but it is going to be a later in the year or the beginning of the next year because I MUST get some of the UFO's done before I start anything new!!

Galloping Butterfly
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I to haven't participated on online Round Robins either Galloping Butterfly. Being able to commit to a timeline is pretty difficult with most quilters, especially if they have a life outside of quilting! I have a small confidence issue when it comes to "second guessing" what the owner of the quilt would like. How do other Round Robin participants cope with this?

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.