#768519 06/17/12 08:26 AM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I've been getting guidance lately about appreciating what I already have. It is good advice on all levels.

Here's my latest article applying this guidance to physical possessions:

Being Satisfied with Enough

What do you think?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I loved this article! I even linked to it in my Frugal Living forum, under the thread of Do you have too much stuff?

I agree with all your points! And with hoarding, I know about that. There was a period when i was married that I needed to have as many things around me as possible to feel safe. Weird, yeah. smile

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I have read your article. And I really liked it. It is wonderfully written by you. Even I am going to share it in some other forum.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
Thank you both! I went off and continued to sort through some of my own stuff, only to find a very nice, newish skirt that needs a small mend- I'd forgotten about it!

Hoarding is a very interesting habit & a big subject in its own right. Things don't solve the issues, but lots of people do this, so there is something to ponder here. I feel it is an insulation against the issue.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It is like an insulation, maybe like making a cocoon around one's self.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
This is really well done! I have seen similar things before, but I really like some of the twists you added with your questions to ask ones self. I wrote them down and i am going to carry them between rooms as I declutter.
It has been taking me forever to declutter. I think because i am not using a good standard when I evaluate why I have something, so it's easy to convince myself that it'll come in handy, I am not sure if I want it or not, etc.
That extra stuff needs to go! I think stuff sort of owns you back, because you are responsible for it. I want things I care about in my life, not ho-hum stuff.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
A cocoon is an interesting symbol Jilly. Perhaps decluttering encourages the butterfly to emerge?

Yes life is more important than the 'ho-hum' stuff- great phrase! Clutter can keep us locked in the past and stops us feeling free to move on. Don't ask, 'Will it come in useful?' because you'll always come up with a tenuous reason why it might! Ask, "Do I love it?" or "Do I use it?"

Thank of decluttering as an ongoing process, release just a few bits a day, rather than overwhelming yourself if you get stuck.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.