#768703 06/18/12 12:00 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Late last year there was a question about a post I made in 2009 called Tools of the Life Coaching Trade. And in the post I mentioned NLP which stands for 'Neuro Lingusitic Programming.'

Readers unfamiliar with NLP wondered what it was all about.

NLP is frequently known as the "instruction manual for your mind". And is touched upon in many self help books.

Below is from the Association for NLP's website:

�NLP looks at the way in which we think and process our thoughts (Neuro), the language patterns we use (Linguistic) and our behaviours (Programming) and how these interact to have a positive (or negative) effect on us as individuals. It is a collection of a wide range of methods and models which create an understanding of thought process and behaviour..."

Lisa specifically asked me to provide a few practical examples for how NLP can be used for an individual�s personal growth.

Right now I�m reading Kent Sayre�s Unstoppable Confidence: How to Use the Power of NLP to Be More Dynamic and Successful. In the book Sayre outlines several NLP techniques. I�ll share one below and recommend that anyone interested in more info will purchase or borrow the book.

Acting as If: An NLP Essential

�If you act as if something is real for long enough, you will eventually forget that you are only pretending, and however you are acting will become your habit�this is one of the keys to neurolinguistic programming�the more empowering habits you have, the better your life will be��

I�ll be reading more books on NLP and will update this thread periodically. Stay tuned!

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Thanks, Leah! NLP is pretty powerful stuff. There are so many little tricks and tips, and now there are several authors as well.
I find navigating some of the NLP literature a little bit confusing now as there seems to be so much of it - trying to figure out what the best standouts in the NLP field are, for the beginning NLPer to more advanced skills.
I look forward to seeing articles from someone who uses it, or teaches it and works with others. Thanks!

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.