Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
anton83, faclinic, Vermontwhitewolf, zenwindowsboston, protegopooja24
57239 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57240 Members
417 Forums
113109 Topics
801878 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 846
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 520
Beetlemess 220
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 176
Nancy Roussy 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 115
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 70
Jana - Creativity Editor 69
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#760893 - 05/04/12 04:39 PM Re: Beautiful books to give or receive [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
AprilAlisaMarquette Offline
Shark

Loc: The South
Check out my new blog post entitled Some people should keep their advice to themselves...

Tell me what you think.

Edited by AprilAlisaMarquette (05/04/12 04:39 PM)

Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Twitter Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Facebook Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to MySpace Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Beautiful books to give or receive Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Stumbleupon Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Reddit
#760896 - 05/04/12 05:22 PM Re: Beautiful books to give or receive [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
FrankJBN Offline
Gecko

I think you read far too much into the advice. You go so far as to suggest a racist inspiration for the comment.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what Ms. Cusack meant, that blacks should not be in films. Get a grip, huh?

Maybe she was talking about the industry itself, not about the young, beginning actress. Show business, including the movies, is a very tough career field.

We only have a second hand account of the exchange. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the remark was made as a joke - Joan Cusack hardly fitting the idealized Hollywood image of a female star.

Have you never heard nor seen someone advising a newcomer to any business "Get out now while you can. this business will kill you." or words to that effect?

Acting is easy. Making a living acting is extremely difficult.

Your article is contradictory to me. You say "Rejection and hurt are part of life." in an article complaining that a person didn't keep to herself a comment that that you suggest could be taken as rejecting or hurtful and suggesting that others should not make comments or give advice that might be discouraging.

Some years ago a friend of mine said he was thinking of going into air traffic controlling. I said he was nuts and didn't have a chance. My significant other at the time took me to task for discouraging the fellow. He was a high school graduate who had made C & D grades and had been a significant user of "soft" drugs for two decades. Perhaps I should have advised him to follow his "pipe" dream; I don't think so.

Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Twitter Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Facebook Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to MySpace Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Beautiful books to give or receive Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Stumbleupon Add Re: Beautiful books to give or receive to Reddit
#760940 - 05/04/12 07:48 PM Re: Beautiful books to give or receive [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

Frank,

You make some valid points, as did I.

Thanks for your comment.

#763859 - 05/21/12 07:21 PM Re: Beautiful books to give or receive [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

My latest novel Rebuke is now available online at Amazon & Barnes and Noble!

Forget everything you think you know about preacher and his family. Become privy to the inner sanctum, see their tears, their fears, and the demons that drive them. Then open not only your eyes, but your heart as well.

Edited by AprilAlisaMarquette (06/13/12 02:08 PM)

#765832 - 06/01/12 07:20 PM Re: Beautiful books to give or receive [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

We�re having company! At my blog site, check it out...

#766553 - 06/05/12 09:06 PM Re: Beautiful books to give or receive [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

GIVEAWAY...

Enter the Beck Valley Books international contest today! It ends June 9, 2012.

You might wind up the winner of a signed copy of my latest novel entitled Rebuke.

In paperback on Amazon & Barnes and Noble -- e-books too!

#767904 - 06/13/12 02:11 PM Re: Beautiful books to give or receive [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

Join the Goodreads Giveaway for a chance to win one of four signed copies of my latest novel Rebuke!

You may think you know the preacher and his family, but what if youfind out you really don't?

If you choose, log in with your FB Account.

Congrats to the winners...LyzaJo & Margaret
Thanks to all who entered the giveaway for my novel Rebuke.

Special thanks to Beck Valley Books in the UK for hosting--Luv u guys!!

Edited by AprilAlisaMarquette (06/18/12 08:19 PM)

#767906 - 06/13/12 02:14 PM Re: Beautiful books to give or receive [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

Do enjoy the article entitled Unforgettable You; A Book Review

Get your copy of Daisy Fuentes� entertaining read at Amazon!

If you have a book you�d like to tell us about, we�re all ears... smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What is your experience with supplements?
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Depression
3 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 09:50 AM
Keeping a Relationship Fresh with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:28 AM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 09:26 AM
Soup du jour
Sandwiches
Today at 09:18 AM
A Mother's Second Wish
by Linda Sue Grimes
Poetry
Today at 08:15 AM
Individual Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
by Michelle -Chocolate
Chocolate
Today at 07:05 AM
Where do you walk?
by Rosie 66
Walking
Today at 05:52 AM
What Did You Write Today?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Fiction Writing
Today at 04:06 AM
Buying Houseplants
by Sue - Houseplants
Houseplants
Today at 01:35 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Rayna - Depression Editor), 53 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.