So many people are in a complete state of panic right now bcz they've lost 50-75% of their ad income. Webmasters who were making $4000 a month from ads are suddenly making $1000/mo or less and some people making $2000 a month are now making $300 month.
I can't say I know what this is like. I've never been panda mauled or penguin slapped or experienced traffic decreases of any kind. My main issue with adsense has been hitting a plateau and not being able to get off that plateau regardless of more traffic.
So I've experimented a lot lately with various strategies and found a few things that may or may not help those struggling with making more ad income.
1. Section targeting does nothing to improve quality of ads
2. Blocking categories that have nothing to do with my topic actually reduces my ad income
3. Blocking category that has 100% to do with my topic may be increasing my ad income (i.e. jillian michaels, kettlebell, crossfit, etc.)
4. Combining adsense with infolinks is working well on some pages
5. Combining adsense with clickbank banners has greatly increased my clickbank income
I have spent a few months now experimenting with this stuff and I highly recommend thinking outside the box and trying one or two changes then tracking for a week or two to see what happens. You may discover all kinds of fun things that will help you increase your overall income not just your ad income.
Edited by ExerciseEditor (06/08/12 03:12 PM)