Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#766503 06/05/12 12:03 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Building Twitter followers is not as easy as following a bunch of similar accounts on Twitter. Like getting traffic to your new blog, it doesn�t happen overnight either. Here are a few tips to jump start your Twitter account.

Building Twitter Followers

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
I
I agree that building up your brand in Twitter requires time and effort.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Violette -

That was a great article with quite helpful advice. I run many Twitter accounts and definitely tweeting once a day is important. Many researchers now recommend tweeting twice a day. Many people "live online" now and are on there all day long. If they get a tweet at 9am they have long since forgotten it by the time 5pm rolls around.

It's a hard balance because we are all different. Some people tweet every 3 minutes as they listen to a new song and that is just too much for me. It becomes an inundation of noise. But twice a day seems to be a great balance. It's enough that I'm staying in touch with them - but not so much that I'm being deluged.

Soon we will all just have brain chips and these things will stream into our brains smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks Lisa.

Wonder if our brains can handle all this stimulation...

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I still have not set a pattern to my tweets yet. Some days, I'll be in the mood and just pick up my phone whenever and send something out. Sometimes when I'm standing in line, I'll start sending tweets, replying or retweeting. Sometimes I will go for a week without accessing Twitter at all.

When I was at the SHRM conference earlier in the week. I did a bit of tweeting while I was listening to speakers, or in between sessions. I picked up quite a few followers on those days.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Vi,
Recently I read about a few other apps related to Twitter followers.

Would love to hear your thoughts...

WEfollow
Twittergrader
Justtweetit
Twellow

I'm amazed at people that have 20,000 followers and have sent out less then 1000 tweets or sent out 2000 tweets but have less then 100 followers.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Vi, I have had a Twitter account for a few years and never really took full advantage of it, mainly because I do not like the format and never seem to get much response or any to my tweets. I guess I will have to give it more of a chance to work for me in the right way to promote my articles and such.

Your twitter tips article gives a lot of helpful advice and new thoughts to ponder on. Thanks.

Lisa, I laughed when I read your "Soon we will all just have brain chips and these things will stream into our brains" -- yet this just may be a future possibility. The Atlanteans and other ancients were somehow able to communicate with each other in thoughts, why not us? smile

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Gecko
Gecko
I would also add that it helps to keep the content of your tweets fresh and interesting, so that people are likely to retweet it. Some even rely on recent hype in the news and build content off that information (such as Mark Zuckerberg showing up to the White House in a hoodie. Plenty of clothing companies rode a nice wave off that incident and made some good money).

diamond engagement rings
*www.encoredt.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks Dianne, you bring up a lot of ideas for Twitter research. I've heard of a couple of those sites. I will check them out. I know that at some point there seemed to be a deluge of Twitter sites. Not sure how redundant some of them are to the more familiar ones. There are so many and some of them fall into different categories suited to their purpose.

Originally Posted By: Dianne W - Editor
Vi,
Recently I read about a few other apps related to Twitter followers.

Would love to hear your thoughts...

WEfollow
Twittergrader
Justtweetit
Twellow

I'm amazed at people that have 20,000 followers and have sent out less then 1000 tweets or sent out 2000 tweets but have less then 100 followers.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks Phyllis! and EncoreDT!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Phyllis -

Don't focus on getting "responses" from Tweets. Twitter is like a press release engine. It gets your message out to millions of readers. They don't have to follow you to get their message. All they have to do is search to find it.

Many people get all messages based on key words. So every message I send out with #lowcarb is seen by them whether they follow me or not. And they then read my articles. But most would never reply or respond.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Lisa is right, I don't get responses often, but sometimes I do try to engage folloers by replying to a recent tweet. I've met some interesting people that way.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
C
C
Engagement and interesting stuffs are the keys of success in twitter and all other social media.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I have a writing/general life coaching twitter account under my name which I’ve had since around 2008, but lately I’ve been posting about drinking water and healthy aging—something I was NOT thinking about just five years ago when I started this general account. So I decided to start a new blog and related twitter account just today.

It’s going to be about a specific topic and under a pen name.

I do not remember how I felt when I first started my twitter account 5 years ago, but after I made my first few tweets today it was strange to look at my ZERO following. But then I remembered what I read in Gabrielle Bernstein’s book “May Cause Miracles.” She talked about ego and how we should not allow ego to get in the way of a message we have to share.

I took a deep breath and started to work on something else, then about an hour later, I got a message on Google saying I had my first two followers. And get this, my first two followers were not any of the 45 accounts I am following. I thanked my new followers profusely--something I did not do on my original account. I’ve learned my lesson. Every new follower is a miracle.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I am still getting comfortable with Twitter. I liek the way I can search for tweets in different topics, and then read more of what those people have to say. I think the big key to getting a following holds true for all aspects of writing - create something worth reading, and then put it out in the world. The quality will bring people to you.
Likewise, listen (or "follow")interesting people. Rememebr to be kind, and your followers will grow.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.