#764328 05/23/12 03:08 PM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Question - we see so many of these videos for sale now at crazy prices, like Insanity. My daughter and her friend were looking at one called the Brazilian Butt lifter (I think that was the name).

Then it's the Walking DVD's that are very popular now.

Most of these DVD's also come with food plans and everything. What is your expert advice on these?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I LOVE exercise dvds so much. I've actually been on Brazil Butt Lift on and off since Jan. I was posting updates about it here in the forums. Brazil Butt Lift Workout

I try so many workouts every year because it's fun but it helps me write better articles. I know tons of bloggers who just blog to sell and never even do the workouts (beachbody coaches are notorious for just selling and never even doing the programs, posers!).

Here's a list of some of my favorite dvds I'v tried in the past couple of years. Links go to my bellaonline articles featuring these workouts:

Brazil Butt Lift - it works, my butt is lifted and hips are maintaining at 36" which is so hard for a boring rectangle shape like mine
Brazil Butt Lift Exercises (purchased)

P90X - good for beginners but to me was mind numbingly boring and time consuming and just too much like Body for Life which I did 12 years ago (borrowed from sister)

Bob Harper Ultimate Cardio Body - hardcore but so fun you'll forget how hard it is until you can't walk the next day
Biggest Loser Workouts: Bob vs. Jillian (tried free on youtube)

Xtend Barre - surprisingly good full body workout that really boosts endurance and glute/leg strength
Ballet Workouts for A Lean Toned Body (purchased)

Others I've liked and have not written about:

Bikini Ready Fast with Ellen Barrett - older workout but great mix of weights, cardio and core (rented on Netflix)

Dance and Be Fit: Brazilian Body - great moderate intensity workout that was so fun and had great mix of capoeira and brazilian dance (rented on amazon for 2 days)

Dance with Julianne: Cardio Ballroom - fun workout for low intensity day (free on youtube)

Turbo Jam - good if you like fast paced kickboxing/dance/aerobics type workouts, Chalene is so annoying but pretty good workout (borrowed from friend)

Rockin Models - kind of long and too much isolation but killer leg and butt workout if you have the time (purchased)

Yoga Booty Ballet - too easy but fun workout for easy days (borrowed from client)

Total Body Cardio Toning - awesome workout (tried through exercise tv at my sisters)

A few new ones I'm dying to try are:

Transform Your Body with Brooke Burke - she's a bimbo but the workout looks good

Tracey Mallett's FuseDance Cardio Lean - this looks so fun and dynamic

Exhale: Core Fusion 30 Day Sculpt - looks like a great mix of core/yoga/bodyweight kind of like what I do all the time on my own site

Don't be afraid to try stuff. Buy, rent, borrow, trade. You gotta keep it fresh and you also need to be willing to invest in new workouts to keep getting results for life.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 05/23/12 04:20 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi Monica,

Thanks so much for the info! I didn't know we could rent from Amazon!

She has a couple, I like your idea of borrowing, renting, Netflix and Youtube. I don't want to purchase a bunch and they never get used.

She had a friend who ended up buying the Butt life one, they lasted about 9 minutes the first time :-)

We cleared out the family room the past weekend so now we have a place to workout on the lower level that's much cooler.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
Elephant
Butt Lift is more challenging than people think. The commercials make it look all cute and fun but it literally kicks your a**. If she just keeps at it though the results will happen : )

BTW, thanks for posting this. It gave me an idea for a new article on fitness dvds. I'll be writing it when I get back from a much needed hiking vacation.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Monica - thanks so much for posting these! Hearing form an expert who has actually tried them gives it more weight than the average customer review!
Do you have any favorite prenatal DVD's for clients? I am pregnant not and would really like to be able to maintain/build if possible and bounce back well once baby is out.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Elephant
Elephant
Have not checked into this in quite some time but I have seen so many new options available. One thing I did learn when I was teaching baby bootcamp at parks (many many years ago) was the main issue post pregnancy is total body cardio and muscular endurance plus core stability which is key for keeping up with baby and flattening the abs. These were issues for me too.

Tracy Mallet has a ton of great dvds. Her Get Your Body Back series would be great pre and post pregnancy. All her videos are excellent and so simple and fun.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Thanks! I will remember that, and check into those DVDs

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.