Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Since this is my daughter's first year as a mom, she did not think she was quite ready to do the restaurant thing for mom's day yet (he's not uite 3 months) so we decided to cook in.

Yesterday we bought lobsters and shrimp. Cooked some steaks on the grill. Had baked potatoes stuffed with sour cream, cheese and broccali - and had our own surf and turf dinner. Much cheaper than if we had went to Red Lobster (the grocery store had lobster tails on sale for $5 each).

Today, we will enjoy lasagna. My oldest is coming in for the week (he lives 10 hours away). So do I mind cooking for mom's day, absolutely not! I enjoy the family time which is so much more imortant to me.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I love it when the guys in the family do the cooking. Typically, they grill but my Texan hubby also does a mean pot of red (chili). When the kids were little, they'd always make me breakfast in bed which consisted of toast, juice, dry cereal and a flower in a bud vase. That was what they could handle! As they grew, they fixed eggs and pancakes or muffins. But then they'd traipse off to the kitchen to let me "enjoy" my breakfast in bed in peace and quiet but I could hear their chatter and laughter and wish I could join in. So I always talked them into eating in bed with me.

This year, they took me to have beignets for breakfast and then a lovely Japanese dinner with my mom and aunt. They give me such tender, loving care and attention on Mother's Day. smile

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Lori,
That sounded lovely. I'm so glad you enjoyed the day!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Sounds great. From my Red Lobster experiences here, this particular restaurant is not the best place for a lobster dinner, and I'd prefer being home to going there. Might as well relax and enjoy time at home, save money, and have a fun, casual experience. It makes for some good memories too.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.