Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Ebnul Karim Benzima, Morr27, purat, Kellyack91, sienawilson
56586 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56586 Members
417 Forums
111495 Topics
786331 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 156
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 132
loongdragon 111
James Andrew 109
Lestie4containergardens 70
Jilly 69
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#761811 - 05/09/12 06:51 PM How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Karen - Desserts Offline

BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Bountiful, UT
I think you'll agree that chocolate chip cookies are the most popular cookies around (homemade, at least - Oreos are the most popular store-bought). There are recipes for soft, chewy, gooey, or crunchy chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal, coconut, nuts, other flavored chips, etc. In fact, I own 2 cookbooks with nothing but different recipes for chocolate chip cookies, and I'm sure there are more.

Summer is coming and we serve lots of cookies with ice cream at backyard barbecues, so I thought it might be fun to see how most of you like your chocolate chip cookies. It'd be nice if you have a favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies that you'd be willing to share. I always like an excuse to try a new cookie recipe, and I plan to try any that you post. Even if you don't post a recipe, please tell us how you prefer your chocolate chip cookies.

Today I'm making some chocolate chip cookies that have oats, coconut, and cornflakes that my family used to love. I'll post the picture and recipe for them.

Anyone?

Add How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Twitter Add How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Facebook Add How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to MySpace Add How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Del.icio.us Digg How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? Add How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Yahoo My Web Add How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Google Bookmarks Add How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Stumbleupon Add How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Reddit
#761813 - 05/09/12 07:19 PM Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? [Re: Karen - Desserts]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Reno, NV
Hi Karen,

My whole family loves chocolate chip cookies. I guess that is not surprising, for most people do.

I had a recipe years ago that was so yummy. I got it out of a magazine and made some variations to the recipe. They were called Jumbo something cookies.

The recipe called for oatmeal, chocolate chips, dates, raisins, peanuts, peanut butter, and I added butterscotch chips. Do you have a recipe like that? I had to stop making them when we found out my son was allergic to peanuts. I lost the recipe and cannot find it anywhere.

How do I prefer my chocolate chip cookies? Warm and in my mouth, with a glass of milk standing by. smile

Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Twitter Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Facebook Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to MySpace Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Reddit
#761823 - 05/09/12 07:58 PM Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Karen - Desserts Offline

BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Bountiful, UT
Phyllis,

Your cookies sound heavenly. I'll search and try to find a recipe.

Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Twitter Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Facebook Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to MySpace Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? to Reddit
#761832 - 05/09/12 08:37 PM Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? [Re: Karen - Desserts]
AKLisa- Knitting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
soft, warm and gooey!

#761842 - 05/09/12 09:48 PM Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? [Re: AKLisa- Knitting Editor]
Mona - Astronomy Online   content
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: United Kingdom
I like them crunchy. I used to have them with milk, but graduated to tea a long time ago.

Still I wouldn't say no if someone offered me some soft, warm and gooey ones!

Edited by Mona - Astronomy (05/09/12 09:50 PM)

http://www.bellaonline.com/newsletter/astronomy

#761853 - 05/09/12 11:50 PM Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? [Re: Karen - Desserts]
VintageGS Offline
Wolf

Loc: Kansas, USA
I want my chocolate chip cookies burnt! That must say something about my baking skills!

#761856 - 05/09/12 11:56 PM Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? [Re: Karen - Desserts]
Jenny - Feng Shui Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: West Virginia
OK, I guess I'm the grinch...I don't like chocolate chip cookies. Actually I don't like chocolate. I've been told I'm a discrace to womanhood...lol.

#761863 - 05/10/12 01:44 AM Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? [Re: Karen - Desserts]
ExerciseEditor Offline
Elephant

I don't like chocolate chip cookies either (the smell of them baking actually grosses me out) which is weird bcz I LOVE dark chocolate and I also love all kinds of other cookies. I used to make them for my ex husband though and he loved the Ghirardelli recipe I used and so did all the guys at the gym when I would take in the leftovers. I just used to eat the chips.

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

#761937 - 05/10/12 03:12 PM Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? [Re: ExerciseEditor]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I like them right out of the oven....nice and warm and chewy. Sometimes with just a bunch of chocolate chips, and sometimes with walnuts or pecans added.

#762735 - 05/15/12 04:45 AM Re: How do you like your Chocolate Chip Cookies? [Re: Karen - Desserts]
jodiemt Offline
Gecko

I like all kinds of cookies, right from the soft, gooey ones to the scrunchy-crunchy cookies!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Karen - Desserts 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
5 seconds ago
How do i make my skin soft,clear and fair?
by kiwistech
Cosmetics
Today at 02:09 AM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 01:37 AM
Yoga Relieves Back Pain
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
The Way of the Bodhisattva
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
The Bar Method a Body Sculpting Workout
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
The Haunting of Chretien Point
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
William Shakespeare or Wilhelm Shakespeare?
by Deb - Animal Life
German Culture
Yesterday at 10:30 PM
Weathering the Rejection Letter
by Corlia - Unemployment Editor
Unemployment
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Journeywomyn), 94 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.