Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
vincischool, christylynn81, minas, puumando, 2013
57214 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57214 Members
417 Forums
113007 Topics
801089 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 828
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 470
Beetlemess 305
Nancy Roussy 150
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 89
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 78
Sandra Investing/HFinance 45
Susan - Meditation Editor 44
Mona - Astronomy 39
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#761499 - 05/07/12 10:51 PM Cleaning the Office
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I am in my office probably 16 hours a day - from when I wake up until when I go to sleep. I am sitting in this one room. And it is so messy! Everything gathers into piles. Piles of books to review, piles of books to give away, piles of old computer games to sell, piles of paper to process.

So today I finally at least pushed everything back to the walls in larger stacks so I could vacuum. A step in the right direction!

Now to start making some of these items go away!

Add Cleaning the Office to Twitter Add Cleaning the Office to Facebook Add Cleaning the Office to MySpace Add Cleaning the Office to Del.icio.us Digg Cleaning the Office Add Cleaning the Office to Yahoo My Web Add Cleaning the Office to Google Bookmarks Add Cleaning the Office to Stumbleupon Add Cleaning the Office to Reddit
#761507 - 05/07/12 11:28 PM Re: Cleaning the Office [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jenny - Feng Shui Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: West Virginia
Lisa, this sounds like my office and I'm a Feng Shui consultant! A few days ago I took a picture of my office and then started the task of cleaning, clearing, and putting away. I'm about half way done and will be taking an after picture for an article I'm writing. If its OK to put before and after articles on BellaOnline, I might post the article on my site.

I've found I work much more efficient and write better when the office is clean and clutter free but sometimes it impossible to have it that way.

Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Twitter Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Facebook Add Re: Cleaning the Office to MySpace Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cleaning the Office Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Reddit
#761520 - 05/08/12 12:48 AM Re: Cleaning the Office [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Jenny -

Definitely articles can talk about how progress is made from a starting point to an ending point! That sounds like a great journey to track.

I definitely feel better in here when it is clean. It's just hard because I have so much to do, that I have to put things off in order to clean.

Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Twitter Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Facebook Add Re: Cleaning the Office to MySpace Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Cleaning the Office Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Stumbleupon Add Re: Cleaning the Office to Reddit
#761525 - 05/08/12 01:55 AM Re: Cleaning the Office [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
Lisa, good luck on the cleaning spree.

I like clean with no clutter too, you couldn't tell it by looking at my room though. I'm such an out-of-sight, out-of-mind person that I put stuff away and promptly forget about it. I guess that's a sign that I don't really need so much stuff, huh? :-)

The secret to a perfect interview? Know your story and practice it!

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#761533 - 05/08/12 03:14 AM Re: Cleaning the Office [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
AKLisa- Knitting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
I went to get some stuff out of my office, and I am soooo embarrassed about how out of control it has gotten! it is a feng shui nightmare! Seeing this post on here is downright serendipitous for me.
I like the before and after picture idea - its definitely useful for articles. I think it can even help individually so someone can realize that they are getting somewhere after all, instead of feeling daunted.

#761536 - 05/08/12 04:46 AM Re: Cleaning the Office [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
jodiemt Offline
Gecko

Hope you guys find luck in cleaning your office.

#761540 - 05/08/12 05:43 AM Re: Cleaning the Office [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Jenny, those kinds of articles are my favorites to read! I can't wait to see yours!

#761647 - 05/08/12 08:11 PM Re: Cleaning the Office [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Vi - Blogs/Small Office Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Pennsylvania
My primary goal this year is to get decluttered and organized. I found solutions at Clever Container and decided to rep for them since they have organizational products for every room of the house in one place.

We live in a former one-room school house. Although it has been a two-bedroom for sometime, closet space is inadequate. We had only one closet when we moved in that ran between the two bedrooms through the bathroom. We divided it back up into three small closets. Storing everything in the basement, attic or garage and outhouse (I'll call it what it used to be) is not always convenient.

My office is a computer armoire in the main living space. I have battled paper clutter. I found helpful solutions to hang over a nearby door to keep things organized. One is a 7-pocket organizer which is great for sorting and organizing papers. Another is a canvas organizer with 4 pockets, including a great filing pocket deep enough to hold a number of folders to organize projects.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

#762070 - 05/11/12 01:00 AM Re: Cleaning the Office [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I find my desktop can easily get cluttered with papers. Right now there is a new pile there, waiting to be filed. So right now - this very second - I am going to file that.

There! The desk is a little cleaner. Progress! Small steps!

#762523 - 05/13/12 11:43 PM Re: Cleaning the Office [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Good job, Lisa!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Sandwich du jour
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 10:22 AM
Halloween
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 10:20 AM
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 10:11 AM
Fall Family Fun with Sandwiches
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 09:21 AM
What exercise did you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Exercise
Today at 07:19 AM
I Lost Almost Everything
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 07:14 AM
What's your favorite fashion item?
by isabell smith
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 06:12 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:17 AM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Game - Vampire Names
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Creativity
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.