Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I think people in general want to feel like they belong. If their buddy has a boat then they want one too. Maybe that buddy is perceived as having more fun and having a better life. That means that more money has to be made so that a boat can be purchased. That will bring happiness to one's life. The same goes for homes, cars, phones, computers, televisions, you name it.

It is just a guess.....a lot of people don't realize that happiness comes from within you, not from things you can put your hands on. Things are just that.....things. They don't live, they don't breathe, and they don't love you back.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Quote:
I think people in general want to feel like they belong

I think this is an excellent insight. It's probably the answer wrapped up in a simple sentence.

I think since I have always followed my own drum (as far back as a child), appearing to be like everyone else have not appealed to me.

The beauty of being with other people is that we all have our own unique personality and thoughts. This makes for interesting conversations.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I agree. I like that we are all different. I enjoy learning about other people and their interests.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
re material things: i am actually so pleased that I don't have much financial resources. It makes me really think about what I need and want. I feel like life is a fun game of figuring out how to get my needs and wants met without spending money. It gets my creative juices flowing.

I think we are in a country in decline when it comes to trust in government, morals, ethics, temptations, the economy. We just worry so much that happiness almost seems unachievable for some.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I think priorities are all messed up with many people. There is so much concern about getting the newest gadgets, cars, and other material things. Kids don't even play outside as much as they used to but instead play with their computers and cell phones. People feel that they get their pleasure from these things, and there is a lot of pressure to keep up with the latest trends and be like "everyone else".

The simple life of interacting with nature and being in a healthy environment is gone. People get pleasure and focus now from the things they buy, instead of the beauty that can be found in nature and the value in their interpersonal relationships.

If people go back to living simply and within their means, and focus more on the beauty within instead of without, they will be happier by far and will reflect positivity.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.