Next Thread
Print Thread
#760537 05/02/12 11:14 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
One of the essentials you should consider buying, even before you bring your cat or kitten home, is a cat carrier. Here are some tips for choosing a carrier. Also included is a tip for getting a struggling cat into a carrier.

Choosing a Cat Carrier

If you have a pet carrier, what kind is it and would you recommend it?

Melissa Knoblett-Aman
Catholicism Editor | Cats Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
This reminded me of my experience with Harley and the cat carrier.
I always bring my 2 cats along when I take my month-long visit to Cape Cod to stay in the family cottage and do some art fairs, and have had success using a grid that goes behind the front seats to keep the cats in the back of the wagon. I put a litter box back there and provide several comfy nooks for them to shelter in among all the art fair gear. They usually complain for the first 15 minutes of the trip, then settle down and sleep for most of the rest of the 16 hour drive. I've never had any trouble until last summer.
After Oliver died the year before and Smokey was lonely, we adopted little black Harley from the pet refuge. He was the most hyper cat I've ever had, super curious and active. I took him for many short rides to get him used to the car and he seemed to enjoy it. But the long trip was a different matter! After about a half hour he started pushing his way into the front seat, and pretty soon I realized that this wasn't going to work on the Interstate, so just before we went onto the Ohio turnpike I stopped in a WalMart and bought their plastic cat carrier, the kind that comes in 2 pieces that snap together, and popped Harley into it. 20 miles later I glanced into the rear view mirror and saw a black arm reaching out of the seam of the carrier. Harley had managed to unsnap one of the connections and was trying to squeeze out! Luckily I had my art fair tool bag with me, stopped in the next rest stop, got out a length of rope and tied the carrier together. I had to let him out every time I stopped so he could use the litter box, but he behaved well in the carrier from then on. This summer I plan to use a large cage for him that will give him more room and can hold a small litter box, too. Wish us luck!

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.