logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I hope you are inspired by my article Become a Breast Cancer Warrior

Were you aware that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month? It is the annual time slated to increase awareness about this disease.

At the National Breast Cancer Foundation learn a host of things, including how to do a self-breast exam.

Did you know that Susan G. Komen fought breast cancer with everything she had? Throughout her endless days in the hospital, instead of worrying about herself, she thought of ways to make life better for other women battling breast cancer... Thus, her sister promised her that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever.

That promise is now Susan G. Komen for the Cure�, the global leader of the breast cancer movement. They diligently work to save lives while energizing science to find cures.

Just put the words �Susan G. Komen for the Cure� into your browser and enter a world where YOU can get involved, donate, participate and become empowered in the battle against breast cancer.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hey April,

I am a supporter and very involved in the cause for my sister and myself. This is a cause that allowed me to get in initially just to be supportive for others that couldn't participated but wished they could - and then it got more involved for me through my sister and then myself. Thanks for sharing!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Tuculia,

I knew there was a reason I liked you. You prove to us all the time that you are truly a caring woman. I got involved because of an aunt -- a survivor; Hey Aunt Kitty! I also got involved because of a cousin who is no longer with us. It really is a great cause, isn't it?

K
K
hi april, me too I am a supporter and very involved in the cause for my aunt she passed away last week because of breast cancer. very painful and sad to accept. for all ladies out there please be aware of this nything that increases a person's chance of developing a disease is called a risk factor; anything that decreases a person's chance of developing a disease is called a protective factor. Some of the risk factors for cancer can be avoided, but many cannot. For example, although you can choose to quit smoking, you cannot choose which genes you have inherited from your parents. Both smoking and inheriting specific genes could be considered risk factors for certain kinds of cancer, but only smoking can be avoided. Prevention means avoiding the risk factors and increasing the protective factors that can be controlled so that the chance of developing cancer decreases.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Kooperkin21,

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry about your aunt. Losing loved ones is inexplicably painful as you said. I commend you though for your remarks, especially the one where you said people cannot choose the genes they inherit. I like that you also advise people to increase the factors that may aid them to decrease the chance of developing cancer. Great post!

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Do enjoy the article entitled
Brides Fighting Breast Cancer

To donate a wedding gown or host a Pink Envelope� event, please visit the Brides Against Breast Cancer website.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Happy Mother's Day!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Tuculia,

I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day! If anyone derserves it, you do.

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.