Next Thread
Print Thread
#727621 11/26/11 05:13 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just finished reviewing a book called Content is Cash and I actually feel tainted from reading it. That's a new low for a book. It is all about getting a Pakistani to write you content at $5 a pop, to keep regurgitating it with tiny changes so you can post it all over the web, and to focus the content on fear and greed to get readers. I feel tainted again just typing that.

How do people enthuse about doing this? Am I just missing something?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
There are a whole lot of things people do that I simply do not get. People readily kill for power or money. I just don't walk to those beats and I don't understand the thinking of those who do.

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Lisa:

Don't feel bad about reading the book - please keep in mind that by reading it, it has given you some insight into how some folks conduct themselves in this lifetime.

It happens every day, even here in the USA. Has been going on for years - the famous "ghostwriters" as an example. Took me becoming an adult to figure out that a lot of my childhood books were not written by the person on the book, but by someone that was paid to do it. And yes, it took away some of the "respect" I did have for the author I thought was the author.

Thanks for cluing us in on this book wink

Jilly:

The killing for money is something I never got and I guess I try to pretend it does not exist. My boyfriend loves to watch war movies and other similar movies and it never fails, there is someone in some of the movies who is killing for money. Whether it is for personal gain or as a source of income. Sorry, the only time I would kill is if it was the only way I could survive being attacked or to protect a loved one.

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 11/27/11 11:33 AM.
J
Koala
Koala
J
A friend and I used to write content for websites at $25-$35 for a 500 word article and we thought that was low! My friend stayed in the freelance work and had to change her strategy after so many jobs went out of the country for $5 an article.

You don't get good content that way. I've gotten jobs rewriting what someone bought from foreign writers.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I apologize for not seeing these posts!

I agree that one gets what one pays for. If someone is only willing to pay a few dollars, then they'll get an end product that is only worth a few dollars.

My greater issue is the idea that posting content that is harmful to others is in any way a good idea. There is plenty of hurt in the world already. We should be supportive of each other and where we are on our path of life. There are enough negative voices out there. Adding to that chaos cannot be productive. It is the kind, supportive voices that are in woefully short supply.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
P
P
Truly, a lot of content providers have been abused because of the SEO thing. Gone are the days when these people used to enjoy great pay out of their services. It is true that there are still those who pay people reasonably but they are numerable. It's hard to stop the trend unless clients and employers realize the "killing" they do to their fellows.

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.